BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide

Go down 
+3
Hitagi
YukiOtoko
Professor Maple
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide Empty
PostSubject: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 9:16 am

This guide is to help you create a character with a Fanucci Gambit of 100. This will make your Great Underground Empire exploring and Arena battles much easier!

Why? Each Fanucci Gambit point increases your Attack Rating (AR) and Defense Rating (DR) by 5 points! At 100, your Fanucci Gambit will give you 500 additional AR and DR!

Don't have a new character? Don't worry. Explore five or more levels below your character's current level and farm Fanucci cards. At five below your current level, you won't gain any XP.

WARNING: This will be a LONG process of approximately two to three months.

New Character Fanucci Card Hunting Process

We will maximize Action Point (AP) efficiency by using Level 1 encounters in The Dark Forest
  • They are the safest to prevent spending any extra APs to heal up back at base.
  • Fanucci cards drop at the same rate, regardless of level.
Conditions
  • If you discover a new Fanucci card, verify that you have maximized your Fanucci Gambit and continue exploring.
  • If at any point you are at 2 HP or less, return to base to heal up.
  • If you returned to base and you are at least Level 5, visit The Drunk trainer in Port Foozle and purchase any available training.
  • If you returned to base with more than 30 AP remaining, continue to explore The Dark Forest at Level 1.
  • If you returned to base with 30 AP or less, stop for the day.
Step-By-Step
  1. Create a new character from the Frobozz Magic Spell Book Company.
  2. Explore The Dark Forest at Level 1 until you get to Level 2.
  3. Visit your Body Skills Training tab and select Thick Skin.
  4. Visit The Dark Forest, level down once by clicking the "Hurting?" link at the bottom of the page, and explore The Dark Forest at Level 1 until you get to Level 3.
  5. Visit your Body Skills Training tab and select Brogmoid Hide.
  6. Visit The Dark Forest, level down twice, and explore The Dark Forest at Level 1 until you get to Level 4.
  7. Visit your Body Skills Training tab and select Blood Sponge.
  8. Visit The Dark Forest, level down three times, and explore The Dark Forest at Level 1 until you get to Level 5.
  9. Visit your Body Skills Training tab and select Pin Cushion.
  10. Visit The Dark Forest, level down four times, and explore The Dark Forest at Level 1 until you get to Level 6.
  11. Visit The Dark Forest, level down five times, and explore The Dark Forest at Level 1.
When you get to the last step, continue to grind out at Level 6 until you have reached a Fanucci Gambit of 100.

Use the "Refresh" tip of your choice to speed you along!

Prof. Maple and company

Last edited by Professor Maple on Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:42 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 10:27 pm

My little extra experience to add:.
Generally you can expect a card a day. I got to 100 gambit with 53, 55 and 61 cards meaning about 2 months of daily grinding through the lower levels and yes, it gets veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy boring............

The upside is that my characters can now punch way outside their level. They are not unbeatable but at level 9 with a bonus of 500 Attack and Defence, there aren't too many around that can beat them. All my losses were before I knew about the gambit.

(And special thanks to Ginzaki for giving me early and sound advice).
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 10:09 am

YukiOtoko wrote:
My little extra experience to add:.
Generally you can expect a card a day. I got to 100 gambit with 53, 55 and 61 cards meaning about 2 months of daily grinding through the lower levels and yes, it gets veeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyy boring............

The upside is that my characters can now punch way outside their level. They are not unbeatable but at level 9 with a bonus of 500 Attack and Defence, there aren't too many around that can beat them. All my losses were before I knew about the gambit.

(And special thanks to Ginzaki for giving me early and sound advice).
YukiOtoko: I am having the same "grinding" experience, but, I am polishing off Level 1 encounters like they are going out of style! FWPs of 100% and over are getting commonplace for me... It's fun not to worry about the percentile die rolls and heading straight to the "You Win!" dialog box...

My best two characters have made it to Level 8 for a few reasons:Prof. Maple and company

P.S. Fanucci gambit of 68 and counting... Smile
Back to top Go down
Hitagi
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Does grinding at levels way beneath your own net you higher end cards as well, or is it according to the difficulty of the area you are in? Wouldn't you just keep getting the same crappy 'nought' cards if you stay in the same lvl 1 area, or is it that once you get 1 card, you can't get a double of the same one? Seems kind of convenient.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:43 pm

Nope all base cards are available. Face cards require specific locations after a certain level.
Back to top Go down
Hitagi
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:52 pm

Well that clarifies that then, thanks. Btw, what's the difference between normal and face cards? I've seen a thread with some examples shown and 1 seems to be available in the Dark Forest levels. They give specific boosts to certain stats or something?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:56 pm

Face cards give you bonuses just for having them. Things like extra zorkmid chances and FWP increases.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Anyone here in the clan own a Face Card?
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:27 am

we would have to talk to our level 40+ members about that. And if memory serves, there are only two maybe three of them.
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 11:46 am

*Raises hand, and when called upon asks the following.*

"Okay, my first character joined late and has not been using this strategy. Is this something you want each member to do with their character? I mean, should I unjoin myself (Jaelle) and start with a completely new character so that I don't throw off this curve you are trying to reach?"
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 2:28 pm

You don't have to, we aren't trying to reach any curve. These tips aren't rules after all they're more like guidelines.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 8:54 pm

and even if you started late, you can incorporate some of the tips in as you go, they are just easier to reach at the earlier levels
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 am

Jaelle Hausroc wrote:
*Raises hand, and when called upon asks the following.*

"Okay, my first character joined late and has not been using this strategy. Is this something you want each member to do with their character? I mean, should I unjoin myself (Jaelle) and start with a completely new character so that I don't throw off this curve you are trying to reach?"
My suggestion would be to continue to battle at 5 levels under your current level... If you do this, you will not gain any additional XP while you can farm Fanucci cards to your heart's content...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide   INFO:  Step-By-Step Starting Guide I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INFO: Step-By-Step Starting Guide
Page 1 of 1