BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.

Go down 
+7
ShockTart
louslions@yahoo.com
Admin
Professor Maple
McFingerbang
Sweetpurchase
Ginzaki
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. Empty
PostSubject: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeTue May 11, 2010 9:53 pm

First I would like to stress the importance of some of the charms. First St. Quakko's

is perfect for those of you arena brawlers who have high pride in their fame. If you

are randomly attacked you will lose nothing but a chunk of your win percent, and at

15K it is fairly priced. Next is the Aimfizz amulet - free returns to base-. That's

all I need to say about it.

Next is the four step guide to instant success.

1) Build up your Gambit by adventuring at five levels below your current. A Gambit of

100 grants you an automatic 500 AR/DR. So just keep running around at five levels

below you to find as many Fanucci cards as you can, these cards are the most important

part of being successful in this game. It is important that you adventure at minus

five as you will get no experience and will be at a lower level when maxed out.

If there is a trainer available then investing your money in skills trumps buying

weapons with this technique.

2) Once you have your high gambit fight in the arena, fight a lot. This will net you

the zorkmids you need for the next step. Yes you have to bet, but chances are you will

be winning all of your matches anyway.

3) Now you can buy the bet Weapons, Armor, and Spells to help kick some major butt.

4) You are a formidable opponent. Go level up or adventure to your hearts content, or

continue to fight in the arena and help us build up our supply of weapons for the next

wave of beginners.

Double Fanucci Calc at this URL:
http://bitbucket.org/jsvazic/yadfc/downloads

GUIDE TO EARLY CHARACTER CREATION - TOP 10 KEYS FOR LEVELS 1-5

~Courtesy of 'The BGL' clan... where The Beginners Get Lucky with FREE WEAPONS and

ARMOR.

Something like this would have saved me a lot of time in testing things out, so I hope

this helps!

1) You can create up to 5 characters per account. When you create a character, I

highly suggest choosing the 'SPELL BOOK' option for past career, which gives you 1

more health point than any other option. The rest doesn't matter, as you can always

change the Combat Attitude, Catch Phrase and Battle Taunt later.

2) Once you've created this character, request a clan invite to 'The BGL' (you can

bookmark it here: http://legendsofzork.com/clan/clan?id=3094).

2a) Don't worry about fighting yet! Your Action Points can carry over to the next day

(up to 90 AP), so don't feel like you have to use up your 30 moves right away.

3) Once accepted to 'The BGL', request equipment upgrades! I suggest the Elvish Sword

(+24 attack, one-handed weapon).

4) If you're just questing, your Attack Stance and Defense Stance won't matter as

much... BUT if you're going to BATTLE, you will want to check out this link:

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?590489-Attack-and-Defense-Stances

Basically, this game incorporates a rock-paper-scissor approach to fighting. Each 10

attack/defense acts as a 1% improvement in your fight. Your battle stance can help or

hurt you 3% each to start.

4a) BATTLING: I suggest you make your Attack Stance Sticks & Stones, and your Defense

Stance Mumbo Jumbo. Then attack people with Sticks & Stones and Dodge & Weave. This

will gain you a 6% edge right off!

5) SKILL POINTS: Your first 4 skill points, no exceptions, need to be in Body, going

to Thick Skin, Brogmoid Hide, Blood Sponge, and Pin Cushion. Each of these will give

you +1 Heath. If you've followed my character build, you'll have 11 Health Points at

Level 5... a HUGE advantage over people using skill points elsewhere (each health

point gives you another roll of the dice), and extra turns in the wild.

6) DOUBLE FANUCCI CARDS: Even if you want to only battle, make sure you at least

explore the wilderness one time first. During your first explore, you will find a

FANUCCI CARD! They appear randomly elsewhere. Make sure to click on your Card Link,

and make sure to put the best card combination in your Fanucci Gambit... your next

best into Body... and then the rest into the other two as you add Skill points to

them.

What are the best combination? The answer is in this thread:
http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?590090-Double-Fanucci-Revealed!

Seek to eventually get your Gambit (and others) to 100 (higher than this doesn't

help). You'll notice that improving your Gambit drastically improves your defense and

attack.

7) GROUP ADVENTURES: If you're not going to be on every day and you don't want to lose

Action Points, consider assigning some to Group Adventures, which will get you some

Zorkmids and XP every day.

Cool QUEST - LEVEL 5: There are TWO White Cliffs locations... the first one you need to

go to is near The White House (and The Dark Forest). The second one is down at Port

Foozle.

9) LEVEL 6 UPGRADE: I'll post more on the skills to pursue later. For now know that at

Level 6, you can remain at this level and buff up through finding Fanucci cards by

exploring at Level 1 difficulty. Check out 'Commish' on our Member page to see how

this is working for him.

10) Don't hesitate to contact your Clan leader(s) with questions! That's why they are

there. And don't forget to donate items back to your clan. They've helped you, and you

can help others (and you'll get trophies for it!)

:::SPOILERS:::
A most AWESOME!!! Quest
1) Head to Port Foozle.
2) Explore White Cliffs
3) Explore Frigid River Valley
4) Explore White Cliffs Beach
5) Return to Port Foozle
Reward: 8000 Zorkmids

The Case of the Missing... Pooky?
1) Go to Frostham
2) Explore Flathead Mountains
3) Explore the Dark Forest
4) Explore White Cliffs
5) Return to Frostham
Reward: 3 Coconuts (only for first character)
Reward: 22170 Zorkmids (for other characters)

Antharia Jack and the Hat Mislaid
1) Go to Antharia
2) Explore Antharia Caves
3) Explore Aragain Falls
4) Explore Frigid River Valley
5) Explore White Cliffs Beach
6) Return to Antharia
Reward: 200 AP

The Baron and his Boy
1) Go to Greater Borphee
2) Explore Flathead Mountains
3) Explore Flathead Fjord
4) Explore Granola Mines
5) Explore Anthara Caves
6) Explore Ruins of Pheebor
7) Return to Greater Borphee
Reward: Uncle Chesterfields’s Breastplate - Primary Armor - Walking Tank, +120 DR
(This sells for 0 Zms, however is comparable to 100,000 Zm armor. This does not give

+1 HP when worn, or have any other apparent bonuses when used when exploring)

Many of our members are confused and having a hard time with this game. As I have been

going through this message board and the MANY MANY weapons requests, we have so many

members who are becoming frustrated with the game play to the point that they do not

feel the clan is helping them. I want to clear some things up so that players like you

do not have to be so frustrated with the game and the clan...

1.) Bigger, Better, and more Powerful/Expensive Armor and Weapons -DO NOT- mean you

are automatically stronger! In fact weapons and armor are not even the most important

items to have and will not solve your problems in battle.
a.) Do Not look for Weapons and Armor just focusing on the AR or DR, take a hard look

at the Stance... Read some of the message board posts, the forum posts, or ask an

officer in the clan about how those contribute to one another.
B.) Your Cards! Fanucci Cards are more important. And your skills play a large part

too!

2.) Fanucci Cards are the biggest secret and arguably the most important part of this

game! Mix and match yours, ask questions, research, experiment with moving them around

often!
a.) How do I get Fanucci cards? You Explore and in fighting monsters you occasionally

find them... KEY NOTE: You don't have to explore at your level! If you are not strong

enough to beat monsters at your level then fight at a lower level!
b.)USE THEM!!! If you have Fanucci cards use them, and don't just put them anywhere,

put them in the Fanucci Gambit spot for now and make the multiplier get to the highest

number it can! Some cards are not compatible with each other, so you have to

experiment with them to find the best COMBINATION!
c.) DON"T BELIEVE ME??? Look at our clan leader ChronikV2! He has Loads of cards and a

Fanucci Gambit of 60! HE IS A LEVEL 12! His Attack and Defense is well over 400 each!

HOW? You may ask? Ask him! He has spent lots of time collecting Fanucci cards... not

so much armor... his armor and weapons are not what is making him strong, it is his

Fanucci cards. Look at anyone on the leader board and you will see the same thing...

lots of Fanucci cards.

3.) FAME!!! I WANT TO BE FAMOUS!!!! Well then first things first... Follow the advice

above to get stronger, then Finish your level 10 Quest! WHY? You get 3 coconuts and

then you can purchase a nice new shiny charm that protects you from losing your soon

to be fame... even better, it only costs two coconuts, leaving one that you might feel

generous enough to donate to the clan... hmmmm....
a.)Once you have done those things you may want to start battling... you'll start off

noticing that you only get 7-10 fame for a win.... this could take a while huh? Not if

you know what I do...
b.) Attack those with LOTS of fame! If you attack other famous players then you will

gain lots of fame! Who likes getting 20,000 fame in one battle? Just be careful! Alot

of those guys who are famous are also really strong! Fanucci cards are very important

to them apparently!
c.) Still confused?? I'll give you a hint try attacking the player "Templen Jr." and

see what happens to your Fame...

ANY MORE CONFUSION? FRUSTRATION? Just ask one of your many Officers, We are here to

help you and want to see you succeed!

Guide compiled by Ginzaki

Written by:
BGL Dave
Enygma
Evilcause
Ginzaki
New Recruit
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 12:52 am

I think that part about our leader needs to be taken out because we don't have him anymore and anyone can farm for fanucci cards now.
Back to top Go down
McFingerbang
Serf
Serf
McFingerbang

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeWed May 12, 2010 9:34 am

That Templen Jr. secret is amazing. Thank you very much!
Back to top Go down
Lukan

PostSubject: Awesome   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:55 am

My #1 stop for zork information!
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 5:57 pm

I can not find the Aimfizz amulet in any of the stores... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Prof. Maple

Last edited by Professor Maple on Tue May 18, 2010 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:56 pm

Professor Maple wrote:
I can not find the Aimfizz amulet in any of the stores... Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Prof. Maple

You will find it in the advantages section. It costs 6 coconuts to purchase.
Back to top Go down
https://thebgl.darkbb.com
louslions@yahoo.com
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 9:23 pm

McFingerbang wrote:
That Templen Jr. secret is amazing. Thank you very much!

How do I find Templen Jr.?
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 12:56 pm

I found his profile here:
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/129009-templenjr

But I couldn't fight him... Maybe I'm not the right level (He's a level 15)

Now, if you REALLY want to see the benefit of Fanucci Decks, good gear, etc... Try Gnomeseeker:
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/109319-gnomeseeker

GnomeSeeker
Fame:9685800
Level:14
Battle Record:100.00%
Attack Bonus:1215
Defense Bonus:1250
Magic:High - Magic of Creation
Attitude:Smart Moves

Stats:
Experience Points: 133295
Attack Stance: Sticks & Stones
Defense Stance: Walking Tank
Magic Stance: High - Magic of Creation
Attitude Stance: Smart Moves

Battle:
Fame: 9685800
Wins in Battle: 1288
Losses in Battle: 0
Battle Ratio: 100.00

Fanucci Cards:
Fanucci Cards Owned: 165
Mind Skills Known: 0
Body Skills Known: 8
Spirit Skills Known: 5
Fanucci Gambit: 100

OMG!!! (Ok, you can stop drooling, now....you're starting to look like a Grue!!)

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Blazax
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:34 pm

Nice. I have a character I am working on now that I am going to see if I can get him to 100 gambit at level 6. I figure this is low enough level that it won't really be worthwhile for anyone to attack him. My goal is perfect win ratio vs targets 4 levels higher.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 5:58 pm

Be careful Blazax your an easy target at the arena but your good if you haven't started to fight there yet or if you already have the Saint Quakko's Protection Charm.

From your BGL Overseer, 'RoYALe Basketball
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:36 pm

Ginzaki:

In the "3.) FAME!!! I WANT TO BE FAMOUS!!!!" section, it mentions to purchase St. Quakko's for 2 coconuts...

You may want to add a reminder there that you could pay 15k ZMs for it... It is mentioned earlier in your guide...

1. Inventory
  2. Go to Armory
  3. Special
  4. St. Quakko's Protection for 15k
Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Tryton
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:12 am

I didn't see this mentioned anywhere(maybe I missed it if it was), but what benefit is there to getting your Mind, Body and Spirit gambits to 100?

I have 3 characters that I've been working on getting cards for. One is at 100 and the other 2 are at 90 for the Fanucci gambit. Should I bother with trying to get Mind, Body and Spirit to 100, too? Or should I just farm some ZMs through battling to get better weapons once they get to 100 gambit?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 10:41 am

Tryton wrote:
I didn't see this mentioned anywhere(maybe I missed it if it was), but what benefit is there to getting your Mind, Body and Spirit gambits to 100?

I have 3 characters that I've been working on getting cards for. One is at 100 and the other 2 are at 90 for the Fanucci gambit. Should I bother with trying to get Mind, Body and Spirit to 100, too? Or should I just farm some ZMs through battling to get better weapons once they get to 100 gambit?

Hey Tryton,

After maxing your gambit, it can help to get 100 in any of the other three categories that you placed skill points. You'll get additional bonuses for it (up to x3.2), particularly for the +% battle skills.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.   Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guide to LoZ perfection, or close to it.
Page 1 of 1