BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

INFO: Quest Walkthroughs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

INFO: Quest Walkthroughs Empty
PostSubject: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Last edited by Professor Maple on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:43 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Level 5 - A most AWESOME!!! Quest
Reward: 8,000 zorkmidsBack to top

Last edited by Professor Maple on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:58 pm

Level 10 - The Case of the Missing... Pooky?
Reward: 3 coconuts for the first account character to complete the quest, 22,170 zorkmids otherwiseBack to top

Last edited by Professor Maple on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Level 15 - Antharia Jack and the Hat Mislaid
Reward: 200 APBack to top

Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:59 pm

Level 20 - The Baron and his Boy
Reward: Uncle Chesterfields’s Breastplate (+120 DR Walking Tank Primary Armor)Back to top

Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Level 25 - The DEAD Walk!
Reward: 25 action points, 99% Official DEAD WALK T-Shirt (+180 DR Dodge & Weave (primary or secondary?) Armor)Back to top

Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Level 30 - A Wizard and His Cocoa
Reward: 300,000 zorkmids

Note: Many of the clues for this quest arrive via your mailbox. After completing a step, be sure to return to a base and check your mailbox before beginning the next step.
Step 1 (1 note):
Note: If you’ve just started this quest, and you’re not sure what to do first, make sure that you’ve received and read the letter in your Inbox asking you to meet in Gurth.
Step 2 (1 note):
Note: Head over to the Gurth base. You may then have to access your quest log for the first quest text message.
Step 3 (1 note, 3 hints, 1 spoiler):
Note: I highly recommend you read all the hints for this step, including the spoiler, before trying to figure this one out on your own, as the solution doesn’t really make any sense.
Hint 1: So you need to find some of Frobozz’s Fudge. If you’re not sure what that is, a good place to start would be to research in the Encyclopedia Frobozzoca, best located at http://www.thezorklibrary.com/histor...yclopedia.html. Search the table of contents for references to “cocoa” or “fudge” (use CTRL-F to search on the page). [Run out and play Zork: Grand Inquisitor to further your Cocoa-mixing knowledge!]
Hint 2: Now you know that you’re really looking for Flatheadia Fudge, which the Wizard of Frobozz created when he turned the West Wing of Flathedia Castle into fudge. Feel free to look up the Wizard’s entry to learn more about him [and to go play Zork II if you want to meet him in person; we’ll wait]. But more importantly, you can look up Flathedia to learn more about the old castle.
Hint 3: Ok, the White House now sits where the old castle was [go play Zork Zero for more insight into that whole ordeal]. The castle’s West Wing (the part that was turned into fudge) sat somewhere near Fenshire. Ok, now we have some good starting points to start looking. Right? Right?...
Solution: Frigid River Valley. Yep, you’ll find the fudge in FRV. Why? Beats me. I guess at some point the fudge melted, ran down the Frigid River, over the falls, and into the Valley.
Step 4 (1 note):
Note: Return to base and check your Inbox again for the next mission in the quest. Now you need to find some underground witches that have a jar of hotbugs.
Step 5 (1 hint, 1 spoiler):
Hint: Check the Encyclopedia again for references to witches (actually, just “witch”) that may live underground.
Solution: Antharian Caves (home of the Antharian Cave Witches)
Step 6 (1 note):
Note: Return to base and check your Inbox. You’re now looking for blubber from a Gar Banzo whale (you can look those up in the Encyclopedia).
Step 7 (1 note):
Hint: The only real clue you have is the fact that you need to explore in a zone next to the ocean. But also note that from a technical standpoint, you need to look for a beach-front zone, which is appropriate for a level-30 quest. That really boils the possibilities down to just one.
Solution: Tidal Flats
Step 8 (1 note):
Note: Return to base and check your Inbox. Now it’s off to get some Quelbee honey.
Step 9 (1 hint, 1 spoiler):
Hint: The blanks in the message are mostly easy to figure out (although the ones for the zone you’re looking for are a bit off). You need a zone that starts with “F” and contains “ie” (and is level-appropriate). Pretty straightforward.
Solution: Fields of Frotzen
Step 10 (1 note):
Note: Return to base, and check that Inbox for your last mail in this quest. Now we need moss…
Step 11 (2 hints, 1 spoiler):
Hint 1: Assuming you read up on the Cocoa in the Encyclopedia, you know we’re after Moss of Mareilon [which was very useful stuff in Beyond Zork]. So where’s a good place to find it? The mail mentions Borphee’s “aqueducts of yore”…
Hint 2: Well, there may not be any of those Borphee aqueducts around today [check out the one in Zork III sometime!], but maybe you should check out Borphee’s ancient sister city.
Solution: Ruins of PheeBor
Step 12 (1 note, 1 reward spoiler)
Note: Head to Gurth to receiver your reward. You may need to check your quest log for the final quest text.

Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Level 35 - Enter the Face Breaker
Reward: 3 coconuts for the first account character to complete this quest, Spear of Zoz (two-handed +260 AR weapon, sells for about 375,000 zorkmids) otherwise
1. Go to Mizania port to start the quest
2. Go to Tidal Flats
3. Return to Mizania port
4. Go to Fenshire
5. Go to Mizania Marshland
6. Go to Jungle of Miznia
7. Go to Forest of Youth
8. Go to Fields of Frotzen
9. Return to Miznia port

Last edited by Professor Maple on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Level 40 - Scavenger Hunted
Reward: 25 action points, Mizniaport Armour (+290 DR Walking Tank Primary Armor, sells for about 275,000 zorkmids)

1. Go to Mizniaport
2. Explore The Jungles of Miznia
3. Explore Miznia Marshland
4. Explore Fenshire
5. Explore Fields of Frotzen
6. Explore Forest of Youth
7. Return to Mizniaport

Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:00 pm

Level 45
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Level 50

Jewelaine wrote:
Yes - I have an alt that completed this so listed the areas and am using list for 2nd alt. Be sure to use the jolt forum (display-php? 1656 - The ******Cafe p/w: sunitana42 ) All the spoilers are there - and I needed them! You can click in from the Inbox clue. It helps to use a browser with the tab feature or have another window available for some of the puzzles.

Base is G.U.E. Tech - A lot of these go very quickly and sub levels do pop up. Watch your mailbox for the clues. I returned to base after each completion to avoid any potential problems.

Discipline Beach
Aragain Falls
The Dark Forest
Flathead Mountains
Frigid River Valley
Fenshire
Granola Mines
The White Cliffs
Antharia Caves
Ruins of Pheebor - to G.U.E.
Ruins of Pheebor
Coast Road
Peltoid Valley - to Port Foozle
White Cliffs Beach
Miznia Marshland
Forest of Youth
Gray Mountains

Don't get lost now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INFO: Quest Walkthroughs   INFO: Quest Walkthroughs I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INFO: Quest Walkthroughs
Page 1 of 1