BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Quest Discussions

Go down 
+4
Sweetpurchase
BGL Dave
Shoelessbrooks
Ginzaki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 03, 2010 6:23 pm

(under construction, pardon our dust -- Prof. Maple)

Level 5 - A most AWESOME!!! Quest
Reward: 8,000 zorkmids
Level 10 - The Case of the Missing... Pooky?
Reward: 3 coconuts for the first account character to complete the quest, 22,170 zorkmids otherwise
Level 15 - Antharia Jack and the Hat Mislaid
Reward: 200 AP
The Baron and his Boy
1) Go to Greater Borphee
2) Explore Flathead Mountains
3) Explore Flathead Fjord
4) Explore Granola Mines
5) Explore Anthara Caves
6) Explore Ruins of Pheebor
7) Return to Greater Borphee
Reward: Uncle Chesterfields’s Breastplate - Primary Armor - Walking Tank, +120 DR

The DEAD Walk!
1) Granola Mines
2) Aragain Falls
3) Flathead Fjord
4) Peltoid Valley
Reward: 25 AP, 99% Official DEAD WALK T-Shirt

A Wizard and his Cocoa
Note: Many of the clues for this quest arrive via your mailbox. After completing a step, be sure to return to a base and check your mailbox before beginning the next step.
Step 1 (1 note):
Note: If you’ve just started this quest, and you’re not sure what to do first, make sure that you’ve received and read the letter in your Inbox asking you to meet in Gurth.
Step 2 (1 note):
Note: Head over to the Gurth base. You may then have to access your quest log for the first quest text message.
Step 3 (1 note, 3 hints, 1 spoiler):
Note: I highly recommend you read all the hints for this step, including the spoiler, before trying to figure this one out on your own, as the solution doesn’t really make any sense.
Hint 1: So you need to find some of Frobozz’s Fudge. If you’re not sure what that is, a good place to start would be to research in the Encyclopedia Frobozzoca, best located at http://www.thezorklibrary.com/histor...yclopedia.html. Search the table of contents for references to “cocoa” or “fudge” (use CTRL-F to search on the page). [Run out and play Zork: Grand Inquisitor to further your Cocoa-mixing knowledge!]
Hint 2: Now you know that you’re really looking for Flatheadia Fudge, which the Wizard of Frobozz created when he turned the West Wing of Flathedia Castle into fudge. Feel free to look up the Wizard’s entry to learn more about him [and to go play Zork II if you want to meet him in person; we’ll wait]. But more importantly, you can look up Flathedia to learn more about the old castle.
Hint 3: Ok, the White House now sits where the old castle was [go play Zork Zero for more insight into that whole ordeal]. The castle’s West Wing (the part that was turned into fudge) sat somewhere near Fenshire. Ok, now we have some good starting points to start looking. Right? Right?...
Solution: Frigid River Valley. Yep, you’ll find the fudge in FRV. Why? Beats me. I guess at some point the fudge melted, ran down the Frigid River, over the falls, and into the Valley.
Step 4 (1 note):
Note: Return to base and check your Inbox again for the next mission in the quest. Now you need to find some underground witches that have a jar of hotbugs.
Step 5 (1 hint, 1 spoiler):
Hint: Check the Encyclopedia again for references to witches (actually, just “witch”) that may live underground.
Solution: Antharian Caves (home of the Antharian Cave Witches)
Step 6 (1 note):
Note: Return to base and check your Inbox. You’re now looking for blubber from a Gar Banzo whale (you can look those up in the Encyclopedia).
Step 7 (1 note):
Hint: The only real clue you have is the fact that you need to explore in a zone next to the ocean. But also note that from a technical standpoint, you need to look for a beach-front zone, which is appropriate for a level-30 quest. That really boils the possibilities down to just one.
Solution: Tidal Flats
Step 8 (1 note):
Note: Return to base and check your Inbox. Now it’s off to get some Quelbee honey.
Step 9 (1 hint, 1 spoiler):
Hint: The blanks in the message are mostly easy to figure out (although the ones for the zone you’re looking for are a bit off). You need a zone that starts with “F” and contains “ie” (and is level-appropriate). Pretty straightforward.
Solution: Fields of Frotzen
Step 10 (1 note):
Note: Return to base, and check that Inbox for your last mail in this quest. Now we need moss…
Step 11 (2 hints, 1 spoiler):
Hint 1: Assuming you read up on the Cocoa in the Encyclopedia, you know we’re after Moss of Mareilon [which was very useful stuff in Beyond Zork]. So where’s a good place to find it? The mail mentions Borphee’s “aqueducts of yore”…
Hint 2: Well, there may not be any of those Borphee aqueducts around today [check out the one in Zork III sometime!], but maybe you should check out Borphee’s ancient sister city.
Solution: Ruins of PheeBor
Step 12 (1 note, 1 reward spoiler)
Note: Head to Gurth to receiver your reward. You may need to check your quest log for the final quest text.
Reward: 300,000 ZMs.

Enter the Face Breaker is a lvl 35 quest.

1. Go to Mizania port to start the quest
2. Go to tidal flats
3. Return to Mizania port
4. Go to Fenshire
5. Go to Mizania Marshland
6. Go to Jungle of Miznia
7. Go to Forest of Youth
8. Go to Fields of Frotzen
9. Return to Miznia port

Awards: 3 coconuts (if you play this again with a different character on your account, you will get zorkmids instead of coconuts). Spear of Zoz- double-handed +260AR sell for about 375,000zm.

Level 40 Quest

Scavenger Hunted
1. Go to Mizniaport
2. Explore The Jungles of Miznia
3. Explore Miznia Marshland
4. Explore Fenshire
5. Explore Fields of Frotzen
6. Explore Forest of Youth
7. Return to Mizniaport

Reward: 25 AP and Mizniaport Armour - Primary Armour - Walking Tank, +290 DR (you can sell the armour in the shop for 275,000 zm)

More will come when they are requested, I did not write these I just compiled them.

Last edited by Ginzaki on Thu Aug 05, 2010 12:33 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Dead walk   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 1:40 pm

Can someone advise on this quest. I have attempted this one, but when I explored Flathead Fjord, I got a message that I had discovered a bottling plant, but it was the wrong one. Now I get messages that I am in the wrong place. I tried to move on and explore Peltoid Valley, but I am getting wrong location messages there too.

Please advise anyone

Shoelessbrooks
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 7:27 pm

@ Shoelessbrooks,

Check your quest to make sure you're ready for Part III of the quest. If you are, make sure you are exploring in the Flathead Fjords, and not the Flathead Mountains. Check to see if this helps and let me know, okay? :-)
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Dead walk   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 8:55 pm

I have the part III clue, and I have been exploring in Flathead Fjord. I thought that I might have had to move to the next location, but that didnt work either... strange

Shoelessbrooks
Back to top Go down
mo

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 4:40 pm

the lv 35 quest
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 6:40 pm

you hear that Ginzaki? The level 35 quest has been requested.
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: re: Enter the Face Breaker   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 7:55 pm

Enter the Face Breaker is a lvl 35 quest.

1. Go to Mizania port to start the quest
2. Go to tidal flats
3. Return to Mizania port
4. Go to Fenshire
5. Go to Mizania Marshland
6. Go to Jungle of Miznia
7. Go to Forest of Youth
8. Go to Fields of Frotzen
9. Return to Miznia port

Awards: 3 coconuts (if you play this again with a different character on your account, you will get zorkmids instead of coconuts). Spear of Zoz- double-handed +260AR sell for about 375,000zm.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 8:36 pm

Thanks Shoeless, I'll add that to the main post.

EDIT: Also thanks to P-Mapes for making putting his elbows to the grind to make quests easier for everyone. Bloody Marys all around, they're on the mouse!
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 12:36 am

*Runs up Mickey Mouse's bar tab.*

Thanks Mickey....*hic*
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 8:13 am

Level 40 Quest

Scavenger Hunted
1. Go to Mizniaport
2. Explore The Jungles of Miznia
3. Explore Miznia Marshland
4. Explore Fenshire
5. Explore Fields of Frotzen
6. Explore Forest of Youth
7. Return to Mizniaport

Reward: 25 AP and Mizniaport Armour - Primary Armour - Walking Tank, +290 DR (you can sell the armour in the shop for 275,000 zm)
Back to top Go down
zork24343
Serf
Serf

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: LVL 50 Quest   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 1:06 pm

Does anyone have the lvl 50 quest walkthrough?
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 2:54 pm

Yes - I have an alt that completed this so listed the areas and am using list for 2nd alt. Be sure to use the jolt forum (display-php? 1656 - The ******Cafe p/w: sunitana42 ) All the spoilers are there - and I needed them! You can click in from the Inbox clue. It helps to use a browser with the tab feature or have another window available for some of the puzzles.

Base is G.U.E. Tech - A lot of these go very quickly and sub levels do pop up. Watch your mailbox for the clues. I returned to base after each completion to avoid any potential problems.

Discipline Beach
Aragain Falls
The Dark Forest
Flathead Mountains
Frigid River Valley
Fenshire
Granola Mines
The White Cliffs
Antharia Caves
Ruins of Pheebor - to G.U.E.
Ruins of Pheebor
Coast Road
Peltoid Valley - to Port Foozle
White Cliffs Beach
Miznia Marshland
Forest of Youth
Gray Mountains

Don't get lost now!
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Geez, that's a lot of places. scratch
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 7:52 am

And you don't get a whole lot of XP unless you hit sub locations!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 11:38 am

Yea, the level 50 quest is supposed to be the most worthless one. The reason it visits so many low level areas is because they didn't have anything ready for people who made it above level 50. Also with the bunny gear the reward isn't so great.

After all that I said, complete it anyways if you're going for completion. It'll take a while, but at least you won't have to do it later.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 4:03 pm

It's a shame they aren't still giving out the good weapons as the reward... only that Bozark thing that is weaker than the top Bunny gear. If they were still giving out some of the older weapons (which you'll find the top people on the XP chart are using), then it'd be a must hit quest.

As it was, it was a good way to try to get some extra trophies (for clearing areas) and a way to get some of the face cards while completing the quest. It's the last non-clan mission you get, so enjoy it Smile
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 6:20 pm

I always thought there would be more weapons obtained on quests. 'Cause you see some high leveled characters with weapons that you cannot find in the LoZ armory. Like the weapon,"Zarglebane, the Influential Longsword of Mysterion".
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 29, 2011 10:28 pm

Yeah, that's one that they used to give out but don't give out anymore.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 10:40 am

last non clan mission? what does that mean dave?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 12:52 pm

Sweetpurchase wrote:
last non clan mission? what does that mean dave?

I actually mis-spoke. There is one more mission that LoZ presents at Level 60. After that, as far as I know, there aren't any more 'Quests' presented by LoZ. Any further missions will be either personal or from your clan.
Back to top Go down
zork24343
Serf
Serf

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 7:15 pm

The lvl 50 quest sucks.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 16, 2011 8:56 pm

Ah come on zork24343... not enjoying all the winding circles? Smile
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 17, 2011 8:38 am

Just think of all the exotic places you get to revisit.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Quest Discussions Empty
PostSubject: Re: Quest Discussions   Quest Discussions I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Quest Discussions
Page 1 of 1