BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Your Character Name

Go down 
+10
Angelinadawhop
Zxaiver
ShockTart
YukiOtoko
GruellaDeVill
Sweetpurchase
Ginzaki
'RoYALe
Professor Maple
Kestrel72
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

Your Character Name Empty
PostSubject: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:41 pm

What is the inspiration of your character name? I could hazard a guess at a couple (BGL Dave) but thought it would be kind of interesting to see what the less obvious ones mean!

So share - please
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:05 pm

Professor Maple - I am an avid Pokemon fan. Being Canadian, Maple is appropriate as it fits the naming scheme for Pokemon professors.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 2:29 pm

I just thought it was nice I had gotten it from my cousin.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 3:12 pm

My real name is Gin and my friends tell me I act exactly like the character Okazaki from Clannad, and after a while they merged into a nickname that didn't irk me.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:39 pm

there is no reason for the sweetpurchase... Its just something I came up with... My main littlenekohime is kind of a memorial to my friends that live in Seattle WA, they always called me little cat and even said i acted like a little princess some times. My other alt is the name i use in my utopia games. I was going to see if anyone recognized me or not.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:25 am

You know my name is actually the name of my cousin's dance group!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
GruellaDeVill
Serf
Serf
GruellaDeVill

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 pm

Anyone seen 101 Dalmations? It was my fave cartoon as a kid. And then Zork with their obsession with Grues... ergo GruellaDeVill (that's all that I had room for, they left off the "e" at the end)
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 09, 2010 11:43 pm

That's fine, everyone who sees it will fill in the e at the end.
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 9:28 am

GruellaDeVill wrote:
Anyone seen 101 Dalmations? It was my fave cartoon as a kid. And then Zork with their obsession with Grues... ergo GruellaDeVill (that's all that I had room for, they left off the "e" at the end)

That's cute n clever.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:47 pm

YukiOtoko:

Yuki = snow,
Otoko = man
literal translation from Japanese.

In fact it is a language joke as in Japanese 'yukidaruma' is correct and yukiotoko actually means 'snow monster'.
(I live in Japan)
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 12:52 am

tha'ts sweet, so how did you end up in japan?
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 7:06 am

Ahh, that was the love of a woman. The good or bad news depending on how you looked at it, she left me for another. Smile

And generally, just call me Yuki.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 11:34 am

so you fell in love, moved to japan, then she dumped you huh? that's harsh yuki, but it looks like you are pulling out of it okay.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 3:47 am

Pulled out of it fine - now have a lovely wife and 10 month daughter. Doesn't get much better than that.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 9:29 am

Amazing how things turn out like that. I married that proverbial "girl next door" and other than my daughters, it was a complete disaster.

I'm now married to the girl I dated in college from 25 years ago. We'll be celebrating our 5th anniversary next week!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2010 4:46 pm

congratulations on getting that far. Often times its the unexpected ones that last the longest.
Back to top Go down
Zxaiver
Serf
Serf
Zxaiver

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 01, 2010 2:01 pm

I can't remember how i came up with this name or when i came up with this name. Zxaiver is actually going to be the name of my first born son.

Mr_Ugly on the other hand was created when the popular girls kept tryin to pick on my in elementary. as all girls did to the quite shy kid, they kept calling me ugly. one day i shut them up for good by saying "HEY, thats Mr Ugly to u." needless to say they stopped messin with me.
Back to top Go down
Angelinadawhop
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Name Inspiration   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:27 am

Hi BGL...

My Name inspiration is because My real name is Angelina and I'm Sicilian(a Whop)Hense the Name (Angelina Da Whop) sadley I wanted (AzzWhoopen AngelinaDaWhop ) but was to Long LoL ..........
Good Luck all

I Truly wanted to make My Zork name partley from the Rye Drinking Drunk Old man siting in the chair at the white house in the return to zork pc game, I Love that Guy (to funny). I also liked the Kid from under the bridge...Hated the School teacher and the test out of the book to prove your Zork worthy and owned the game.....Grrrrrrrr................

Last edited by Angelinadawhop on Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:35 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not visually correct)
Back to top Go down
Ushas Vital
Serf
Serf
Ushas Vital

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 06, 2010 12:06 am

Ushas = Goddess of the Dawn in Vedic and Hindu (neither of which I am... I'm more spiritual overall than anything). There was a story of Nyx (also a goddess of the dawn) that says that she and orion were in love. It's not one of the more well known, but one of the lost ones. I use to date someone from England a few years back.. we were together for 7 years, and we use to always look at orion's belt so we knew we were looking at the same place at the same time... he passed away and his body was jettisoned off into space... and so the story just sort of took hold really.

Vital is a part of "Elan Vital" which is what a french philospher (Henri Bergson) contributed as the "force of life".. the things that give life... you know, learn to harness it... inject it into mops and you have the sorcerers apprentice on your hands or something. Razz But it's sort of like the sun, it's a life essence... plus you know... U.V. for the initials of Ushas Vital, which just makes it even cooler. Razz Ultra Violet, w00t w00t.

And that's how uber geekdom happens, oh jyess.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/537958-ushas-vital
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:16 am

Glad you had a happy ending there ShockTart, dare we ask what inspired your name? What comes to mind is some kind of incident involving Mr. Pastry, Mr. Fork, and Mr. Toaster... but I really hope that's not it.

That would just be wrong...

Funny...

But wrong.

I picked up my handle from an old RP character (I mean tabletop, not console), a wandering, vengeful druid named after a character in "Free Amazons of Darkover" by MZ Bradley.

The last name is, of course, a play on the old Elvis Presley classic, appropriate for Zork. In Frobozz, it is said, one should keep one's tongue held firmly in cheek.

Thankye veri mulch! *Poses*
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:20 am

EDIT: I should probably explain why I put the video here. I asked my parents once why they gave me the name they did. The answer was two fold. A) It was unique and yet hard to make jokes about, and B) It is easy to spell out in tetrominos.
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:48 am

*Takes the 'Bleach' reference theory and crumples it up, sets it on fire, buries the ashes with a prayer.*
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:51 am

Jaelle Hausroc wrote:
*Takes the 'Bleach' reference theory and crumples it up, sets it on fire, buries the ashes with a prayer.*

Lol, nope, it's a hard G instead of a soft one. Pronounced like the alcoholic beverage, or similar enough to the girls name Jenn to be annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 1:35 am

my computer only plays the soundtrack.... how annoying.
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 12:04 pm

Sweetpurchase wrote:
my computer only plays the soundtrack.... how annoying.

I believe there's just the soundtrack to hear. This is done on threads because 'youtube' files are easier to imbed than .wav's or mp3's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Character Name   Your Character Name I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Character Name
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next