BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings Empty
PostSubject: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:02 am

As foreshadowed by my post about the ability to purchase coconuts no longer existing, Jolt has announced today that LoZ will be ending on May 31st.

That means we have 1 full week to blow this place up!

I am going to suggest that anyone who desires some coconuts to finish off their LoZ experience to post their names below. We have 100 in the clan armory, and there's no point in letting them rot.

I will post more on here later this week, but in brief, I want to say a heartfelt thanks to everyone who has contributed to The BGL and made the past year in LoZ an enjoyable one. This clan has accomplished much more within the ranks of LoZ than I could have foreseen.

For those heading to other games, I want to use this thread as an opportunity for you to stay connected with fellow BGLers in those pursuits. Feel free to post up which games you're heading to and any alias.

You guys rock!
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Writing WAS on the wall. Wish they'd gone til at least June 15th or 30t. Looks like we'll never hit level 100. Maybe I'll hit some Haggis' just for spite. Would like some 'nuts to be able to earn/get the zm's to complete my magic spell inventory - almost there now.
Will look at Utopia Kingdoms, but if it's like some of the other FB games needing items from other players - forget it. Not what want. Good luck all.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Well feel free to hit me up.

Gamertag: Quantun Spaz (please not the n in Quantun, it'll save you time)

E-mail: the.laughingman@ymail.com (as always)

MSN: DarthOkazaki@hotmail.com

I'm also in the game Spiral Knights under the name Ovann if you want to play another fun F2P game.

Note: I won't be on MSN for quite a while due to my laptop breaking.

EDIT: Don't forget to continue coming here, because I'm going to edit it into a general use "pub". Keeping all of the LoZ documents for old time's sake.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 7:28 pm

It would be fun to continue playing with you guys you guys have been good friends and have helped me out a lot!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:42 pm

Jewelaine, I'm sending you a private note about zorkmids. Check your inbox.

Last edited by BGL Dave on Tue May 24, 2011 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:50 pm

And now for some much hidden BGL lore...

The BGL did not originally stand for The Beginner's Get Lucky.

It was going to be......
The Bridgewater Gaming League.

Back in the day, I went to Bridgewater College, and freshman year a group of us started playing Starcraft, mixed in with some Counterstrike. You could start to see clans forming in Starcraft and we formed.... The BGL.

Fortunately, LoZ's invitation system was (shocker alert) pretty flawed back then and after waiting a day and not getting a response from my other co-horts, I decided to take the clan a new direction... a loftier direction. And the marketing wheels that run in my mind brought us The Beginner's Get Lucky.

More lore, including some insight into the CoZ war, The BGL's darkest hour, and other magical moments in clan history to come later this week. Members, feel free to chip in with your lore too Smile
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:25 pm

I think I know what the insight into the CoZ war is.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:14 pm

The BGL is officially represented in the Top 100 XP characters in all of Zork Smile We also have several characters in the Top 10 fame, and of course, the #1 clan armory (size and selection) in all of Zork. Plus, I guess we can brag on it now... the best clan battle ratio of the Top 10 clans.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:15 am

Sigh......The message is up - it's really gone and we go our separate ways. As my 1st browser game and clan, LOZ and the BGL will have a special place in my memories. The only real regret is never having the opportunity to reach level 100 and collect all trophies.

Thanks Dave, for allowing me the means to complete & respec Jewelaine and annihilate HH levels 26-33 (although some of the higher level characters A/D had been cleared). Would have needed another week or 2 of battling and trading to complete the plan. Hmm... who is the real Haggis?

I'll continue playing King and Pogo games and take a look at Kingdom of Loathing while staying away from Jolt games. (they're already having problems with UK on Facebook & their business practices DO stink.)

I wish you all the very best in gaming and in your personal lives. GAME ON!

Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:12 pm

Thanks to a mouse auto-clicking device, I was able to make a burst through the ranks this final week and finished at #2 on the XP charts as a Level 100 character (would have out-done Dumbwit's script for the #1 spot had not Firefox crashed on me while I was out of town this weekend). An alt of mine, Trillionaire, finished as the #1 Most Famous character in Zork... took a few of the Haggis back down to 0 fame this week too... slightly surprised they didn't have the needed charm to protect them from fame loss. I also took down some of the older members of Zork along the way in battle... was surprised to see that the bunny weapons were around as good as the special olden weapons.

For those that didn't make it to the higher levels, you didn't miss out on much. Just a little extra artwork... no quests after level 60, and the training skills were, well, pretty lame after around that level too.

Ginzaki was nice enough to grant me clan leadership on the final day. The journey was complete... starting and ending the clan with a strong leader in between.

If anyone's ears itch for more details on the clan lore, whether a clan member or a curious 'outsider', feel free to post up any questions here. I won't be checking this daily as before, but will check in occasionally to see if someone has found a great game to play or have some tidings to pass along.

It's been quite fun and a privilege to work and play with you guys and gals over the past year (and longer in several cases). Thanks for everything you did to help form a pretty strong, crafty, and enjoyable team.

~David
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Ginzaki wrote:

I'm also in the game Spiral Knights under the name Ovann if you want to play another fun F2P game.

Just joined Spiral Knights a few days ago. pretty weird merchants they get there Ginzaki. My name's Maxuz.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 8:25 pm

I'm in Spiral Knights as Ovann and Hasama.

@Dave, answering questions are you. Well here's one, were you the infamous ChronicPain?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm

Ginzaki wrote:

@Dave, answering questions are you. Well here's one, were you the infamous ChronicPain?

Now that would have been something Smile But no, I was not Chronikpain. I knew I'd be busy that summer and wanted to find someone who could keep the active nature of our clan going, rather than letting it die. Chronik, and the events that followed that week, were what I would describe as our darkest days. It's possible that he didn't take our 'nuts but that the level 1 character he made leader did, but that was definitely out of my hands. Very fortunate that the character reappointed me leader on others' urging, and very fortunate that Ginzaki was not another Chronik.

I bet I still have Chronik's email buried in my inbox from our 'Round Table' emails. It would be interesting to hear his side of that event now that it's all over, if he was cool with sharing it.

Now I may have played an active role in snaring some weapons from a certain clan's armory. Boy, they really didn't like being one-step behind of the game and didn't know what they were signing up for when they got all mad at me for not merging our clan into their clan.

Oh, but I was 'New Recruit' Wink
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:35 pm

After everything with CoZ had died down, I did manage to infiltrate a few other clans to some degree.

Some in The Old Guard never did like that I brought the 'fame game' below Level 20, which took away their armory advantage (which was intentionally done on my part... why not give everyone a shot?!). Out of principle, when some of the leaders in The Old Guard then started using the armory exploit to run up the fame ladder, I snared some gear over there. It seemed somewhat hypocritical of them to put on a face of not using it, when they clearly were. The easy test was to create characters with similar names to their names and request Bunny items over there... which were then granted... I know you, Ginzaki, had a discussion with them about this on the LoZ forum at one point. I have to give props to the 'NO' clan, without whom Trillionaire would not have become the first Zorker with a Trillion fame.

I beat every leader in the CoZ in battle by the end, and only just ran out of time in beating all of ToG's leaders. Myrtas gave me the majority of BGL Dave's fame by fighting him and losing.

The Cult of Grue was too easy to infiltrate after they appointed someone who I can only imagine is a young kid to be their leader. I had two characters in leadership roles in their clan by the last month (not that they had to do anything). If the game had lasted much longer, I wouldn't have been surprised if I had been able to rename the clan to something more to our liking... which surely would have riled up what was left of ToG.

Clans like The Posse and The Blackguard I left alone because I respected their leadership. Templen was a strong supporter of The Fame Farm, and his clan, The Posse, even donated expensive gear to The BGL when we were starting to get serious about our armory.

For a paper-rock-scissors game, I like to think that I found a way to keep things interesting for myself, and for others.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeTue May 31, 2011 10:42 pm

@Prof Did you intentionally target some of the Haggis during The 30 Days of Tyranny or on other occasions before we noticed they were targeting us?

@ 'Royale Was The BGL your primary clan?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 01, 2011 12:08 am

Hmm, there were a lot of details pointing to you being Chronik. I guess they were all coincidences. As for New Recruit, I had a hunch. As for Trillionaire, I hadn't a clue.

Here's one from me though. Through some enhanced methods I managed to get into a high role in every clan in the top 20 save for 2. ToG and CoZ, this is not to say that I didn't have an alt in those two clans. I'm not sure how I stayed in CoZ though as I inserted 5 alts into their clan at the beginning of the war and 4 got flushed when they locked down.

Might as well launch one at the whole clan so:

@Clan, how did I do during my tenure?
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:15 pm

BGL Dave wrote:
@Prof Did you intentionally target some of the Haggis during The 30 Days of Tyranny or on other occasions before we noticed they were targeting us?

@ 'Royale Was The BGL your primary clan?

I worked with the BGL and also with The Guard, hoping to make it a strong clan like The BGL. Would've been very if it hit 3rd place in clan ranks. Too bad the game has ended Sad
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 1:45 pm

Ginzaki wrote:

How do I find you? Or just friend you?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 2:08 pm

Just add me as a friend.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 3:18 pm

What level are you? I just made it to Haven. Been trying to get a lot of money for new armor and weapons.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 6:00 pm

Decked out head to toe in 5 star.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 8:23 pm

Nice, I'm trying to find out how much this armor is, the Wolver Coat?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 02, 2011 10:34 pm

Wolver coat is a simple item to craft but it will upgrade into Vog Cub armor which is rarer and more sought after...I'm wearing full Vog Cub.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:35 am

I'll work on it but for now I want the Wolver Full Set. All I need now is Wolver Cap.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:15 pm

How you upgrade armor? Do you just get it to level 10 then it will upgrade to it's more powerful version? I got full Wolver Set now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings   The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The End of LoZ, Future Contacts and Other Fine Tidings
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next