BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Buying Cards

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rentazilla
Serf
Serf

Buying Cards Empty
PostSubject: Buying Cards   Buying Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 1:12 pm

(Please correct me if my logic is flawed.) For anyone who is considering spending coconuts on DF cards, think about this. For 20 coconuts, you can buy 4 cards on the black market. BUT, for those same 20 you can buy 400 AP in potions, which, if you explore 5 levels below should net you considerably more than 4 cards, plus ZM's. Happy hunting friends!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Buying Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Cards   Buying Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 3:29 pm

True, that's why I never bought a pack of cards.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

Buying Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Cards   Buying Cards I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 24, 2010 4:18 pm

I did buy them early, partially out of ignorance and got a sizable early boost. Adequate exploration will quickly mitigate any advantage, though. My other characters are on track to surpass my main with no help from the Black market.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Buying Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Cards   Buying Cards I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:55 am

Nice work rentazilla!

There are only 2 reasons I can imagine someone spending 20 coconuts for the 4 cards.

1) To get an advantage in levels 1-5. Since this advantage would only really help in the arena (not needed for successful adventuring), it doesn't quite seem worth it unless you're out to hit a particular evil low-level player. There isn't enough fame in these levels or XP available to keep the advantage for long.

2) In case certain DF cards aren't dropping. I'm actually curious about this. If a certain card won't drop for me when I'm getting close to the 165 total, will I be able to buy it with this? I don't really want to test this out, but it is a thought.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

Buying Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Cards   Buying Cards I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 25, 2010 9:08 pm

A third but not so bright reason is that it is one more buy towards the Potionaholic award.
I bought the cards but at a lower level just to jumpstart my collection (no logical reason, I just wanted to get a quick better gambit and it worked on 2 characters).
As I now get about one a day, in reality 4 days AP would have achieved the same result.
Most of the potions are really about the same value except for the 200AP one, I think i.e. - not a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Buying Cards Empty
PostSubject: Re: Buying Cards   Buying Cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Buying Cards
Page 1 of 1