BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why do you fight in the Arena?

Go down 
+5
Hitagi
'RoYALe
Ginzaki
Blazax
ShockTart
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

Why do you fight in the Arena? Empty
PostSubject: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 1:46 pm

Just curious to see what reasons most of you have for doing battle in the arena.

Is it for fame? king

Is it all about the percentages (win/loss ratio)? Basketball

Do you do it for the Zorkmids? farao

Are you just out there to ruin some poor suckers day by filling his inbox with "You have been defeated in battle" messages? Twisted Evil

Are there other reasons? scratch

Just curious to see what each of you think about it.

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Blazax
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 4:30 pm

I do it for all of the above. I like to keep my win % high, I am working on getting my fame built up, and it's my primary source of ZM for buying skills/gear.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeSun May 16, 2010 5:16 pm

I myself am doing it for the Zorkmids. Though morbidly the thought of someone's face when they look at my stats compared to theirs is fascinating.

Last edited by Ginzaki on Tue May 18, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 4:29 pm

I just do it for the fame and zorkmids. With fame your opponents envy you, with zorkmids well great stuff for your character!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Hitagi
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 5:14 pm

I have a couple of questions in regards to battling in the arena. Are the zorkmid rewards really that much better than from PvM? Other than losing fame, are there any other disadvantages from fighting there? I'm not really interested in fame, so that's why I never bothered with PvP.

Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Yes the reward for PvP can be anywhere from five to ten times greater than PvM depending on your level. Where I am I get about 700 ZM for each AP used adventuring. However in the Arena I get 3200 ZM for each AP used.
Back to top Go down
Hitagi
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 7:55 pm

Wow, that's impressive. No wonder some low level players have good equipment. I'll have to give it a go. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 10, 2010 7:38 pm

I like the zorkmids, and I like the fame on a few select characters, but one reason I really enjoy fighting in the arena is to add wins to the clan Battle Wins total.

And speaking of that, I think that feature is BROKE right now. Can someone else check on this too... if you fight in the arena, is it adding any wins (or losses for that matter) to our clan total?
Back to top Go down
grift
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:23 am

I don't care much for fame. I feel like the feature is broken -- i've defeated some extremely weak characters w/ ridiculous amts of fame and that's given me a lot of fame... but going in w/ 150% is barely a "fight." And then I've beaten characters who've been really strong, where i had a chance at losing, and gotten 12 fame...

Another problem w/ fame is that it just makes you a target, and you may not necessarily have earned that reputation/target-on-your-back.

Me? I do it for the battle ratio. I'm currently at 100% after fighting 144 battles. I intend on keep it at 100% for as long as possible.

I also do it for the zm, of course. Even at my low lvl, I get 1500 zm per battle. Which is awesome when I need some cash.
Back to top Go down
Hitagi
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:42 am

I've been doing it for the past little while on my original character. Not doing it for the fame, but for the crazy zorkmids you can get each time. I get $2500 each time, so $75,000 per day! The other thing is that it helps the guild's battle ratio, even if only by a little.
Back to top Go down
rentazilla
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:00 am

Yep, just in it for the ZM's. Must admit, I bought St. Quakko's charm, 'cause when I collect something I like to keep it Wink . Let my pride get in the way for the first little while, bought my own weapons & armour instead of getting it from the clan, so now I'm level 32 with my accountant but only 1.7 million ZM's and relatively low level equipment. Gotta make some money before I can go much further. But when I do... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
[TG]Shendo
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 11, 2010 7:27 pm

'RoYALe wrote:
I just do it for the fame and zorkmids. With fame your opponents envy you, with zorkmids well great stuff for your character!
Aye, just the ZMs are fine for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why do you fight in the Arena?   Why do you fight in the Arena? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why do you fight in the Arena?
Page 1 of 1