BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Attacking the Weak

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2010 6:44 pm

If you're like me, you got off to a great start in LoZ. You were kicking butt and taking names through level 4 or 5, and then all of a sudden, you were like "What the hey? Initial win probability 76%, Final win probability 28%? WTH!?!?!" and all you can do is watch as your guy/gal gets slaughtered.

What happened?? Well, first of all, have you checked your gear? Is it the same gear you started with at level 1? If so, you need to do two things right away: 1) Buy a piece of gear and 2) Request a FREE piece of gear from your loving Guild-mates. Make one a good Attack piece of gear and the other Defense. What's that? You don't have enough Zorkmids to buy gear with? Ok, We will cover that in a few.

Next, Read the forum post above this one regarding Fanucci Gambit and put all the cards you have found and just have lying around in your inventory to good use.

If you haven't done so to this point, you need to put EVERY skill point you earn in the BODY tab beginning with "Thick Skin" straight down to "Pin Cushion" This will give you a total of +4 health points, which you will need if you plan to battle or not. I'll do another post to cover Skill Points and how to spend them later.

Now, click on your Inventory Tab and write down your new Total Attack: and Total Defense: numbers. These are important to know if you are going to Battle in the Arena.

Wait.....what did I just say? Battle? Arena? Why do I want to do that? pale

Well, remember what I said about Zorkmids, and how you need them to buy Weapons, Armor and Spells? The Arena is the place to get the Zorkmids, my friend. How? Well, if you just calm down a little and read on, you will soon see for yourself. Smile

Ok, let's get back on track here.... Click on your Character name at the top of the page (where it tell you your level, health, etc.) then click on the "Statistics" tab. On the same piece of paper that you wrote your Attack and Defense ratings, write down the following info:
1) Attack Stance:
2) Defence Stance:
3) Magic Stance:
4) Attitude Stance:
5) (Under Fanucci Cards) Fanucci Gambit:

Alright now, I'm getting ready to risk making a lot of you want to just give up and create a new character here, but here goes: Remember all those Skill Points you spent just to get a measly +1% rating against one particular type of attack or defense? I'm getting ready to tell you how to virtually guarantee a +12% Final Win boost without spending a single Skill Point.

Going by the old game Rock/Paper/Scissors, where a Rock beats Scissors, Scissors beats Paper, and Paper beats/covers Rock:
Rock > Scissors > Paper > Rock

Here's how that works in LoZ:
Magic Stance: High > Medium > Low > High
Attitude Stance: Shock & Awe > Smart Moves > Hit & Run > Shock & Awe
Attack and Defence are intertwined, making it a little more complicated, but: Sticks and Stones > Dodge and Weave > Bows and Bullets > Walking Tank > Fists and Feet > Mumbo Jumbo > Sticks and Stones.

For more info on this, see the post by the Adam Gruemorsel here:
http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?590489-Attack-and-Defense-Stances
So if, for example, you have:
1) Attack Stance: Sticks & Stones
2) Defence Stance: Mumbo Jumbo
3) Magic Stance: High
4) Attitude Stance: Smart Moves

And you battle against someone with:
1) Attack Stance: Sticks & Stones
2) Defence Stance: Dodge & Weave
3) Magic Stance: Medium
4) Attitude Stance: Hit & Run

Then you will get a +3% bonus for each stance, for a grand total of +12% total as Sticks & Stones > Dodge & Weave (Attack vs Defense) Mumbo Jumbo > Sticks & Stones (Defense vs Attack) High Magic > Medium Magic and finally Smart Moves > Hit & Run.

The only one of these that you can change "On the fly" (unless you have several armor and magic sets saved up and you aren't telling me.....but then again, if you did, you probably wouldn't be reading this)....Oh, sorry, I got off track again. The only one of these that you can change "On the fly" is your Attitude Stance. Simply click on "Characters" to list all of your characters, click on the "Edit" link under the big blue "Select" button, and on the right-hand side where it says "Combat Attitude" just click the drop-down and change it to whatever you like.

While you are "checking out" your potential battle-mate's stats....What's that? Where do you find that information? You mean to tell me you've been reading all this and you don't even know.....nevermind, I'll just tell you.... Whether you select one of the "Suggested Opponents" (Which are really just randomly selected, by the way, and bears no indication of how easy they are to defeat) or you look under "Full list of Opponents", click on the other character's name, and then click on their "Statistics" tab. This is where you'll find what type of gear and defense the other player has. Also take note of how many points are in their Fanucci Gambit, and how many are in Body Skills. If you have them beat so far, you are in pretty good shape, there's just one more thing to do: Click on "Fight in Battle". Here is where you'll see what type of bonus they have to their Attack and Defense from their gear (Weapons/Armor/Spells). If you have you beat them in at least two of the Stances for at least a +6 bonus, and you beat them in Fanucci score, and you have more Body points, the next thing is to see if your Attack Bonus is higher than their Defense Bonus, and also that your Defense bonus is higher than their Attack Bonus. At this point if all this is true, then you probably have a pretty darn good chance of beating them hands-down in a battle, so click on that big blue FIGHT button!

NOW we get to the ZORKMIDS that I talked about earlier. You can bet up to 100 Zorkmids for every level that your character is in Battle. If you are only a level 8, you can bet 800 Zorkmids, If you are level 17, you can bet 1700 Zorkmids. With all the information I just gave you, even if you do end up losing a couple, your win/loss ratio should be no lower than 75% using this strategy (My alt, which has been following this from Day one has a 95.65% rating after 69 battles. She's level 10 and I've been betting the full 1000Zm every battle, so she's brought is a good 63,000 Zorkmids for me so far, with plenty more to come as she grows.

Oh, one last thing.....If you haven't spent your 2 coconuts on St. Quakko's Protection, go ahead and do it now.....if you wait 'till later (when you have LOTS of fame built up) you will LOSE ALL OF IT as soon as you purchase the charm. Ok, you get 3 coconuts for completing the level 10 quest, you just spent 2 on the charm, what do you do with that last lousy coconut? Why donate it to the clan, of course!!! Go to the Buy Advantages tab, click on Clans, put the number "1" in the box for "Give your clan coconuts" and then click the big blue GIFT button, it's that easy.... and it's the least you can do after recieveing all this excelent advice Very Happy

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
morito
Serf
Serf

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 3:25 am

Is there a way to farm Zorkmids on an alt and send them to my main?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitimeMon May 17, 2010 7:08 am

Morito wrote:

Nope, all you could do is buy an item donate it to the clan and hope your main gets it gifted back to him. To do this it would be best to PM me personally t make sure I was online. Also you would be working twice as hard for your Zorkmids.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 6:46 pm

Morito wrote:
This would be pretty easy to do if the Zorkmid Clips were re-purchasable. I'm working on a strategy guide now to help raise coconuts (Hopefully for the clan, but I'm sure some of you are pretty greedy and will want to keep them all to yourselves - even one or two helps a lot!)
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 7:10 pm

ShockTart wrote:
Morito wrote:
This would be pretty easy to do if the Zorkmid Clips were re-purchasable. I'm working on a strategy guide now to help raise coconuts (Hopefully for the clan, but I'm sure some of you are pretty greedy and will want to keep them all to yourselves - even one or two helps a lot!)

ShockTart, I'm not sure what your guide would entail, but I would note that Jolt has a policy against having Alts that you use to get the lvl 10 quest reward and then abandon. The policy is against creating an extra account that remains dormant.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 9:52 pm

Thank you Ginzaki. I was not aware of such a rule, but I will be sure to research it and any other rules from Jolt to make sure that anything I post here is in compliance.

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Attacking the Weak Empty
PostSubject: Re: Attacking the Weak   Attacking the Weak I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Attacking the Weak
Page 1 of 1