BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cheating Allegations

Go down 
+2
Ginzaki
Professor Maple
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Cheating Allegations Empty
PostSubject: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:09 am

I am calmly making my way through the 30 Days of Tyranny when I get this message sent to me...
Executioner1 wrote:
Message From: Executioner1

Message To: Prof. Oak

yeah, not hard to win when you cheat. that's what we expect from BGL
Prof. Oak wrote:
Message to Executioner1

Executioner1:

What has given you the impression that the BGL cheats?

How do you feel cheating expected from the BGL?

Thanks...

Prof. Oak
Executioner1 wrote:
Message From: Executioner1

Message To: Prof. Oak

Because every time we see someone cheating the system, ie the hack used to request equipment above your level or in your case, however you got so many Fannucci cards, they seem to be from BGL. Why don't you just play the game? Is it really that much fun to cheat?
Prof. Oak wrote:
Message to Executioner1

Executioner1:

There is no hack to request equipment far above level requirements... Any character can purchase ANY item, as long as they have the zorkmids to purchase them... That is why you see lower level characters running around with the special (Easter) weapons and armor... Whether they earn the zorkmids, sell items given to them by their clan, or purchase zorkmids using coconuts, it is a legal part of the game...

As for the Fanucci cards, I have spent more than three months searching for these cards before battling... Using 90 AP every three days hunting through the Dark Forest attacking creatures five levels down helped me gather that many cards without leveling up... This is a primary tactic of not only our BGL battlers, but, of many higher level characters...

I have done nothing that is outside of the rules of the game... If you feel as though this is cheating, it is not me you have to talk to... It is the designers and moderators of the game to change the rules by which the game is played...

Prof. Oak
Executioner1 wrote:
3+ months just to build up Fanucchi cards? That's pathetic! I've been playing this character for 11 days & I'm Level 22. You should be at Level 50 at least by now. Play the whole game!
Prof. Oak wrote:
Short term pain for long term gain... I don't have to worry about low FWPs most of the time...

Everyone plays at their own pace...

Prof. Oak
Is this the general sentiment outside of the BGL about us or is this just a rare case?

I'll keep this post updated with any other correspondence...

Prof. Maple

Last edited by Professor Maple on Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 11:17 am

I've received some lofty allegations about cheating but I just ignore it. I know what I have done is legit and so do the mods who I talked with about it every step of the way.

EDIT: Also there is still a hack for the weapon requests, but the problem is how would we do it without having someone who is much richer than either Dave or myself helping us out?
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:23 pm

I won't clog this with responses, but wanted to commend you on how you handled this. Well reasoned and unemotional, the perfect response to an inflammatory crybaby. The saddest thing is that our forum is completely open and our tactics freely discussed. A simple search here would keep them in the loop of all our comings and goings. Well done.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 12:54 pm

I had a friend in the TOG send me this:

Quote :
aMetaphysicist - 5 to 8 weeks? He beats Tri every night! I hope you are enjoying the free game.

I am not taking him slow, tri will break when he breaks. Got 91 million fame tonight. 567 total or some such.

Kit, have you mentioned the BGL in the mod forum? I am 99.99999% positive that they are all hacks.
Edited by Dirk, Aug 31 2010, 11:26 PM.
Dirk Bentley

Quote :
Impulse Omega Aug 31 2010, 11:33 PM Post #132

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that all the BGLers are hacks, I see that they have added a few more to their ranks that currently sit around level 11-14 and most are gearing up pretty quickly.

I noticed that extra fame for the first time yesterday, checked the battle outcomes and saw tri there, I swear he beat me the first time I battled him though! I had been hitting Duckie(52?) each night, tonight I had my nun-chucks smacked back into my face though - first time I've lost at 56 percent in 5 tries.

aMetaphysicist will have his first Empowered spell this weekend unless the encounters from now until then yield far less zm than usual. From there it seems like it will be about 6 weeks or so until he has the other spell and can make a serious run - maybe I am over-thinking it though.
I wouldn't be surprised to find out that all the BGLers are hacks, I see that they have added a few more to their ranks that currently sit around level 11-14 and most are gearing up pretty quickly.

I noticed that extra fame for the first time yesterday, checked the battle outcomes and saw tri there, I swear he beat me the first time I battled him though! I had been hitting Duckie(52?) each night, tonight I had my nun-chucks smacked back into my face though - first time I've lost at 56 percent in 5 tries.

aMetaphysicist will have his first Empowered spell this weekend unless the encounters from now until then yield far less zm than usual. From there it seems like it will be about 6 weeks or so until he has the other spell and can make a serious run - maybe I am over-thinking it though.

Quote :
Kit Curiosity Sep 1 2010, 05:43 AM Post #133

Dirk, I did mention BGL some time ago in the Mod forum. Someone said they were clean as far as raiding goes. But my alt, seeDuck, who is clean has yet to get her first bunny gear. I kept her down at level 16 to see how she would do with legal gifts and earning zm. The result is that if I don't get her to level 20 it will likely take me a year to get her geared up. BGL hasn't been around for a year; so I don't think it is possible for them to have this gear without using the hack.

Duckie52 is another one of my alts that is clean. She has been at level 20 for months and has some bunny gear partly thanks to the sales. But she is still 6-8 weeks away from being ready. Keep hitting her I/O as she is a good target.

I have started to move another one of my broken characters, Quilp Jr, up into Quilp's level range of 40. If you all can come up with a time, EST, I can make Quilπ, Quilp Jr, Smaller Daddy weak. Together with Duckie52 that would be a good boost.

I really don't worry about losing to any of my targets. The more fame they have the more I get back.

He said this was all from their forum and sent me the link. Someone should verify.

LINK:TOG Forum Post
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:22 pm

This saddens me. Mostly because I spent months scrimping for cards and slamming for money and it took me so long to get the bunny gear, and I know it is possible to do so without the accountant and being called a cheat really undermines my efforts and the efforts of those around me. We simply don't have the resources to use this hack so it simply isn't possible yet we still get blamed.

It will have to be ignored though and if I am ever called upon to testify to the mods I am sticking to the truth. Even if the truth get's me banned for cheating that I never took part in.

I have pride in my clan and believe that nobody in this mighty organization would stoop to a level a base as cheap tricks to get into the arena. The arena is a place of honor and it is tarnished by those who take cheap tickets in.

I would also bring into the public eye that "SABo" TOG saw a huge uprising in people using this glitch and therefore to be blamed of cheating by them almost feels like witnessing a bank robbery and having the robber run up, hand you the loot and mask, and call the police on you hoping for a reward. But it's not even that. It's people getting up in arms because they have been bested and don't want to admit it.

How could you pull a 56% against someone with bunny gear if you don't legitimately have a claim to powerful weapons, armor, and spells yourself? I'm serious here, if you fight someone with bunny gear without some of your own your chances of winning are shot the the floor. It's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 1:52 pm

Ginzaki:

Those that do not cheat have nothing to hide... We have nothing to worry about...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I'm not worrying, if they ever kick me out of their game I can live with that. It's free and in a lot of ways it's broken yet I keep playing for a couple of reasons. The BGL being one of the biggest ones.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:34 pm

US?! CHEATING?! I know for sure the Blackguard have been hacking their players to get them great items, remember that person Terminator400 reported that was a level 5 and had the Bozthark the Mighty Mace of Mumbo?! I found out that he was an alt of the Blackguard who's been hacking all his alts!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 3:45 pm

I logged into my TOG account and checked the link and good as gold these allegations are actually being made. I get along fine with Kit and Dirk, and have the feeling that none of the allegations are being hurled my way. However some of the things they have said about my clansmen spark my ire.

Especially their remarks about broken arena characters. If a BGL Battler breaks it is all good in the neighborhood, but if anyone else breaks then it's tragic. Such logic is profane in it's implecations and definately puts me at dimplomatic edge with TOG. If they think this way about my men and women then they have no place in my heart.

Lungo vive il BGL!

Last edited by Ginzaki on Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 5:01 pm

Gin,
I'm glad to hear your position on this. I know that during my time in the BGL my interactions with everyone have been very positive and honorable. When occasions for loose play have been observed the group has avoided it and more than that DISCOURAGED it. That being said, I have little knowledge of events before me. I had considered leaving the group if it had been true. You have proven yourself a passionate leader and the honorable man I had hoped you were.

I think a conversation with the TOG is in order. A civil conversation about respect and honorable dealings. Their careless accusations in the forum led to fellow clan members making unfounded accusations against us and even led to a report to mods. The mods cleared us from my understanding and that should have been enough. Just my two cents.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 7:59 pm

*Grumble*
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:08 pm

Hey Prof. could you tell us what Executioner1 said when he replied? Just hoping that he isn't trying to tell JOLT something we didn't even do!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:45 pm

Don't worry, Jolt won't be inclined to believe such a disingenuous statement without at least consulting with us about it.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 8:50 pm

Hey gang,

I wouldn't pay the old guard comments too much any attention. They were made a while back and really don't concern us, as they have no merit, and really were only made because they seemed to be concerned that characters under Level 20 (who they couldn't then attack) would gain the top of the fame leaderboard. We heard a lot of similar comments from the Clan of Zork when we were passing them on the membership leaderboard. They're just hasty comments that don't warrant a response or our concern.

Plus, who cares?! The majority of the people whose feedback in this game matter to me are located in....tada! THE BGL! You guys and gals have big hearts and I couldn't be prouder to be associated with you clever, kind-hearted folks. Proud to be a part of a gang that truly want to help others and play the game the way it was intended to be played.

I see no reason to start a 'dialogue' with their leaders about this.

PROF, well responded to the other character!

To all... I'd somewhat question the motives of anyone sending you any ill-words about The BGL. Don't get riled up quickly. Reacting that way made for some fun with the CoZ back in the day, but also created a good number of unnecessary headaches. Let's continue to encourage other Zorkers, and if we can help them... that's great! That's what our clan is about and, I hope, always will be. Let's be aware of the good thing we have going, and not over-sensitive to some mis-placed and misguided words.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:09 pm

Ok Ok Ok. Reason wins again. Thanks for the level head. I'm a scrapper if you couldn't tell.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:15 pm

Okay. That's all I have to say.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Galifre wrote:
Ok Ok Ok. Reason wins again. Thanks for the level head. I'm a scrapper if you couldn't tell.

That's probably why we get along so well Smile You should have seen me back in the days of the CoZ Confrontation Smile Some drama can be fun, and can certainly bring people together, but I think we've found some pretty good other ways to do that since that time.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:16 pm

Yup, I never planned to have talks about it. If someone bad mouths us then I just shut my ears to them. Kit Curiosity might have been interesting to talk with, but it seems that quite a few people in LoZ feel it necessary to show a different face on the Jolt forum. I don't, I'm the same person here that I am there and it works for me.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:18 pm

We seem to have a decent number of folks online. We should meet in the chat board!

P.S. Ginzaki, so true, and I appreciate you being consistent on all boards... even in the Mods section here. It's very refreshing compared to what I've seen elsewhere.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 9:49 pm

Anyone else gonna join us on the chat?
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:19 pm

Where is the chat board?
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 24, 2010 10:22 pm

Check on the bottom.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 4:50 am

Kind of yawn, I got the same mails accusing me of cheating.

Why would I bother but then they don't know that. I trawled for months getting zero XP and collecting all the cards? Why? Why not? I'm in no hurry. I'll reach level 100 when I feel like getting there.

Seems like cheating in a game that really is just spinning time shows how these cheats need a reality check and to get a life. My only other comment is that the ones that cry the loudest 'cheat!' are usually trying to deflect attention from themselves.

And if I ever get wrongly banned for 'cheatiing' I can be found at same name at Yahoodotcom.

(now back to catching up on doing my share in the Month of Tyranny - pirat )

Last edited by YukiOtoko on Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:38 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 7:37 am

Addendum:
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/557741-executioner1

hardly an inspiring set of stats Smile.

And before anyone thinks I used some secret hack to find him, here's the secret method: Suspect

Go to fridge/wine cellar, select beer, softdrink, glass of chablis, shiraz (choose the relaxant), take notebook to sofa, start movie (in this case - Transporter III but any other movie will suffice), check table of level number versus experience points as per other post this forum, click on rankings start at Level 22 experience points, check names, click previous page, check names, sip relaxant, watch movie, click page, check sip, watch, check, click and if there is/was a faster way, I don't care.

Baby is asleep, wife is studying, I have my 'me time' and I am in no hurry. Works for me.

Was on a business trip but also just added 270 wins to the total from my characters and leveled up as well which is more relevant than the other paragraph. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 25, 2010 8:15 am

Looking at his gambit I see why he would call foul. His clan didn't teach him how to steel himself against others and now he is paying for it. I had a full gambit at level 11, and that was the easiest part of the strategy.

Always good to have your opinion Yuki and if anyone gets banned they can always contact us here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cheating Allegations   Cheating Allegations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheating Allegations
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Pub-
Jump to: