BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

ShockTart

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 8:09 pm

Hiya all, ShockTart here!

After finding out about LoZ via the GameStop promo in April of this year, I jumped in and quickly ran through the first 4 or 5 levels.....then got stuck! I was losing the simplest of matchups while exploring and was getting beat up pretty badly. After a quick Gruegle search, I found a few posts from BGL Dave that put me on the right track, so I figured the least I could do was to ask for an invite to the clan. Well, Dave sent me an invite and I've been here ever since. The BGL has been through a lot....the great coconut robbery.....the war that wasn't.....a changing of the guard.....and an end to the war that wasn't.

I've been through quite a bit since joining The BGL. Exploring, Arena Battles, trying to figure out the whole Fanucci card thingy, hitting level 30 and choosing a sidekick....I guess you could say I'm a jack of all trades. I've got an alt in the Fame Farm, so I can handle questions regarding Fame as well. The only thing I haven't tried is the group adventuring, so I'm afraid I won't be much help there.

With that being said, I can help about 10 apprentices with figuring out how this whole LoZ thing works, especially Arena/Battles, Fanucci Cards, Quests, or Fame. Feel free to jump on board and ask for some help.

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
rentazilla
Serf
Serf

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Apprenticeship   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 5:56 pm

I think this program could help me a lot and I would greatly appreciate your guidance. A little history...I joined for the Gamestop promotion on June 15, was invited to join The BGL on June17, but only to get a couple of items Embarassed . Having played mostly JRPG's I mistakenly focused on leveling up, but in reading more of the forums I'm beginning to see that I am missing out on so much. I've never tried the arena, for instance. My character Schmedley is at level 22, with DF's of -Gambit 62, Mind 44, Body 36, Spirit 24. I've completed the first 4 quests as well. My aternate characters just joined whichever clan invited them first, so my first question, (assuming you will take me on) is, what is the protocol fo leaving these clans? Obviously I would return anything given to me, but how is that viewed? Is it acceptable, or should I just try my best to see each of my characters as individuals and be loyal to whichever clan they are in? Thanks for considering me.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 7:35 pm

Hi Rentazilla,

There are many facets to this game, and each has its advantages and disadvantages. When you explore, you level up quickly, but don't earn a lot of zorkmids. When you battle in the arena, you earn lots of zorkmids, but have zero chance of finding fanucci cards...you also earn xp at a much lower pace.

To answer your first question, however, a lot depends on the clan to which they belong. Most do not mind the clan-hopping that takes place; even if you join, take what you want to equip yourself, and then leave. Smaller clans that have to work harder to keep their armory stocked may feel differently. I'd say if you have any concerns about moving any of your characters, the best thing to do would be to PM me with the character names and the clan to which they belong and I'll discuss it with the other officers and see if any of them know anything particular about that clan and their reactions to "clan-jumping". Of course, if you are comfortable with where your other characters are, you are welcome to keep them there as well.
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 2:27 pm

Hi SchockTart,

Would you like a minion? I could be a minion, fetch and carry, have various potions tested on me, speak in tongues only understood by you and whoever has the proper iPhone application....

All my three characters are currently farming Fanucci. I deleted and restarted Jaelle because at level 14 she was 50 % pts. weaker than Carol, who started several days later and had done nothing but farm gambit cards in the woods. That'll teach me to help others find shirts and yippie dogs... Razz
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 4:41 pm

Hi Jaelle,

I'd be glad to have you. Now, you don't think that Jaelle (your character) couldn't get all those points that she needed because someone else (like that innocent, but murderous Carol, maybe?) was sneaking up and killing all of those Fanucci carrying Yipples before Jaelle could get to them now, do you?

Nah, I didn't think so either...............Carol, you can put the knife away now. pale
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:57 pm

Carol: *drops to her knees and sobs* "I didn't know you could only get 1 item per week. I donated my fry pan and asked for a proper 'Butcher's Knife', and found out I was already over my limit with a Pea Shooter. So I asked the store if they had a 'Twelve Gauge' They said yes! Very Happy

I purchased it and then realized it was another cast iron fry pan. *Holds it out, and you notice it's a little dented.* Hmmm... *she cleans some bits of stray hair from it.* So hard to keep clean...

Jaelle: Hey, thats okay! I love to cook! And to garden! And so it's totally cool to farm.... I think... the Fanucci cards I planted just might have the wrong soil pH.... They won't sprout! *Looks concerned*

Jay: I think, Comrade Jaelle, that that es' not meaning farming like you think it means...

I have, of course, been searching the Forest for Cards, keeping beneath the notice of Royalist pigs until I have enough to strike without fear, without mercy! Kuplaw! For peace... through victory of Glorious BGL proletariat. It ees' a bit boring...

I wonder about ze' requisition limits, I now know better. I request 'Pitchfork' to go with my Torch, which I now have! I then ask for 'Rifle', instead of get gun, I am next day attacked by cowardly Royalist who wishes to go through pockets and steal fame. I dids't thrash him with a war-cry and Pitchfork.. Se la Vie, no? Ah, now I see. He make joke when I ask for 'rifle'. He try to 'rifle' me! So I make sharp counter-point! Brah ha ha!

*Jay looks pleased with himself.*

Last edited by Jaelle Hausroc on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:08 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Rough draft -> Finished story. :D)
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:01 pm

But Seriously Folks

How does this 'mentoring' thing work?
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Jaelle Hausroc wrote:
But Seriously Folks

How does this 'mentoring' thing work?
Pretty simple - anything about the game that you need help with, just ask! If Carol is running into problems with those darn Yipples, then she just may need a bigger frying pan.... That's where I can come in and recommend that maybe Carol needs an Antharian Flat Club instead of a frying pan. Jay, on the other hand, may just want to go out and conquer whomever crosses his path on the battlefield. I can help Jay find weaknesses in opponents that he might not see otherwise. Jaelle may just need help trying to figure out where to spend that new skill training point she just got. I can make suggestions based on what Jaelle wants to do in-game.

...it works kinda like that Smile
Back to top Go down
rentazilla
Serf
Serf

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: More questions   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 7:43 pm

Are there any in-game advantages to having "friends", and should we carry on with asking questions here , or use PM's? BTW I've decided to keep my alts where they are for now at least, figure I should contribute for a while, then if I do decide to move on there may not be any hard feelings. Thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 10:59 pm

When the game is working properly, you can see whether or not any of your "top 3" friends are online (light will show green instead of red).

Of course, just because someone is showing as "online" doesn't mean they've got that particular screen up to see, though Razz

It also makes it easier to pull up that person's info (equipment, stats, etc.).

As far as communication, just use whatever you feel is best for you. There's also a PM feature here in the forums in case there's something you want to discuss in private.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ShockTart Empty
PostSubject: Re: ShockTart   ShockTart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ShockTart
Page 1 of 1