BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Rankings

Go down 
+3
ShockTart
Sweetpurchase
Admin
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin
Admin

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2010 8:55 pm

This is the clan message I sent out earlier regarding this issue.

"For all those interested in a rank of prestige in the BGL, I am going to list out the ranks for everyone to see.

Beginner, those who are new to the world and are between levels 1-15.

Veteran, those who are above level 15.

The Ingenious, our artisans. The only way to get into this group is through winning a contest or a personal conference with me. These members are responsible for the upkeep of our lore and clan related images, mostly desktop background for those who want them.

Head Hunters, those who find members who may be in need of our assistance.

Warrior, those who make sure everyone is as well equipped as possible and responsible for mild "Head Hunting".

Maintenance, hand out weapons, moderate message, take invite requests.

Overseer, my most trusted clansmen. Consisting right now of BGL Dave his alt Commish and Spellbound. This category is free to expand to others I find worthy of the title.

Any who would like an upgrade in their rank should contact me, though you should know that an interview is required for anyone who wishes for a rank higher than veteran. I also hold the right to demote anyone who either does not abstain to his or her job or abuses their power.

Have a nice day, and remember the logo contest is still going on.

Ginzaki"
Back to top Go down
https://thebgl.darkbb.com
Kestrel

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Is there a way to sort the clan members?   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 11:22 am

Wondering if we can track performance of members via some kind of sorting like they have for the general populace of LoZ.

That way we could sort clan members by rank, battles, items donated, etc. to see who's performing duties and offer incentives to the top contributors.

Kes
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 1:46 pm

that kinda defeats the purpose of this clan....
Back to top Go down
Kestrel

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Really?   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:18 pm

Once you're past beginner shouldn't you be helping others? And if you're not helping the new folks by contributing then why be in the BGL?

I see your point, but I don't see anything wrong with looking out for those folks that are doing the most for their clan as well. I mean why not reward the people that work hard for the clan?

Not trying to start an existential arguement, just putting a thought out there.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Just assuming here...   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:52 pm

I think key is that everyone is treated equal. The BGL is going to do whatever it can for you whether you are a veteran member or a level 1 that just joined today. To try and reserve the best gear for those that have the most time to spend in the game kinda defeats that purpose - makes the newbies feel that they aren't "special".

If you're a veteran (or even higher) and there's something in particular that you need, just let the rest of us know and I'm sure we'll all pull together and do what's in our power at least to help. As for rewards, though; Ginzaki and BGL Dave will know for sure who's contributing the most to the clan and if they would like to to something special every once it in while for those people then I feel it should be up to them to do so - kinda like the monthly contests that we have.

Just my thoughts - not an official reply.

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Kestrel

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Good call ShockTart   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:17 am

I agree with you. I guess the clan leaders can see what's going on behind the scenes. Ginzaki and BGL Dave both seem fair-handed and generosity is the foundation of the clan.

The subtext of my request is that I want to see the rankings so I can choose partners for group adventures. I was thinking choosing from within the clan would benefit the clan more, and choosing folks who are at/near my rank and skill level would make the most sense. I've been letting the game choose randomly and the results are lackluster at best.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 9:19 am

that makes more sense. I know I wouldn't mind going on quests with others in the clan, But my character needs some development time.
Back to top Go down
Der Bus
Serf
Serf

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Groups   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 7:32 pm

I would be interested in doing groups with the clan.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:27 pm

so how should we go about doing this data collection?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 9:50 pm

Hey folks,

I've been enjoying reading a lot of the ideas you guys have been spitting out. Please keep them coming!

I will say that we are somewhat limited in being able to measure clan activity. Here's several examples:

1) The only way to track who is winning battles for the clan would require writing down people's battle records and checking them later to see the growth. This would be way too time consuming. The biggest trophy goes to someone for 50 clan battles... which can be done in 2 days.

2) We don't see who is donating items, or even coconuts unless they post something about it (in which case we have to trust them, or check to see that numbers did change).

3) We can't see who is going on group adventures unless we are invited to them or the members have some adventuring trophies.

4) Currently we can't filter the clan list by member rank or level. This makes it more difficult to search for people to adventure with.

These are some limitations we are dealing with in trying to reward people for their clan efforts. Every clan faces this.

However, we can tell when people, collectively, are doing things to help the clan. When the armory size grows, we notice. When the battle wins go up more than a typical day, we notice. When all of the clans with 100% battle ratio disappear (a mission started by a clan member), we notice. Individually, it's difficult to reward people, but collectively, group efforts that bring results can be somewhat traceable back to the sources of motivation.

Let's keep looking for these things... things that motivate groups of people to act together for the betterment of each other and the clan.

And on a side note, if you want to do group adventures, I like the idea of doing it with other clan members. A simple search of the clan for others around your level should help with this... adding them to your friend list, I believe will, make them come up first as options for your quest. If they are other solid clan members, that will hopefully help with the questing.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 1:32 pm

Ginzaki don't you think you should sticky this thread for the members to see?
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:04 pm

It will be stickied when it gets it's revamping.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 3:23 pm

Well hope the members are thinking of some good rank names!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Sponsored content

The Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Rankings   The Rankings I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Rankings
Page 1 of 1