BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sidekicks, Which One's for You?

Go down 
+4
ShockTart
BGL Dave
Ginzaki
'RoYALe
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Sidekicks, Which One's for You? Empty
PostSubject: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:17 am

Some of our members are nearing level 30. So here's the link to some sidekick information. So you know which ones for you.
Hope this helps you guys!

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?594344-Sidekick-Development

'RoYALe

Last edited by 'RoYALe on Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:30 pm

What do you guys think is the sidekick everyone should really rely on getting once their level 30?

The sidekick I think is best suited to get is the Gent. He can fight he can also even handle the puzzles, mazes, traps! He is a very able sidekick!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:37 pm

I'm going to get the Accountant to help me while I pimp the arena. After that I figured I switch over to the Gent.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 7:58 pm

See the Gent is a good companion! With him I sort of feel like Sherlock Holmes. Sort of ironic when you look at the description of the Gent.

Last edited by 'RoYALe on Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:19 pm

Interesting that you should mention the great detective as Sherlock and Holmes are my middle names. On paper work I normally just put Holmes though.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:27 pm

It seems the Gent is perfect for you!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 8:49 pm

Well of course. It's elementary my dear Royale. Also I should note that you should never make a casual mention like "My name is Gin Sherlock Holmes Clow" at a Holmes convention. People go crazy and want a picture with you, or proof, or an autograph, or to adopt you...it is a mistake I'll never make again.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 18, 2010 9:49 pm

If you're in it for the money, the Accountant is the way to go. I'm pulling in more than 250,000 zorkmids a night right now just from interest. If a few of us had 100 fanucci on an accountant and got up to level 46 (where the base interest would just to 3... giving a total of 9.6% daily interest minus a 'rich tax'), we could each add one of the best level 10-19 items everyday to the clan armory just from the interest.

Many of the older players in the game grab The Kid as their sidekick until they hit somewhere around level 70-73ish, when they switch to the Mob. The Kid can get you some nice extra AP every day, which can help you get in more battles or explores everyday.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:39 am

Yeah I heard about that with the Kid. I think when he reaches a certain level he can change your daily 30 AP to 49 AP. Well at least I think 49...
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 12:38 pm

No he gives you bonus AP, so on top of your 30 yo get 49 more to play with. At least, that's the way I understood it.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:04 pm

I'll ask around... I have high leveled friends in LoZ.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 1:15 pm

I would like to know, it may effect my choice in the future. 49 AP is a whole lot more than 19.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:18 pm

Thats the truth...
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 6:26 pm

What's the truth?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:54 pm

'RoYALe wrote:
Yeah I heard about that with the Kid. I think when he reaches a certain level he can change your daily 30 AP to 49 AP. Well at least I think 49...

You guys are both close. 46 TOTAL AP (30 + 16 from The Kid) is the number you can get, which is still a significant advantage (50% more moves a day). You'd have to have a Level 9 sidekick fully fanuccified to get that (you can get a level 9 sidekick at the earliest at level 59).

If you guys are wondering about certain stats, just remember that having 100 in Fanucci cards on your sidekick can get him/her a x3.2 bonus to some sidekick stats (like the accountant's daily interest and The Kid's AP bonus). A level 9 'Kid' sidekick gets a 5 AP bonus x 3.2 = 16 AP bonus for a total of 46 AP. A level 1 'Kid' sidekick could have a 6 AP bonus (2 x 3.2 from 100 Fanucci).
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 8:57 pm

So what does that make the level up system for sidekicks? Every three player levels or something?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:10 pm

Ginzaki wrote:
So what does that make the level up system for sidekicks? Every three player levels or something?

It's kind of a pro-rated leveling up process. Quick at the beginning, but then slows up. Good thing is that if you decide to your sidekick, your sidekick will level up at every level that you do until it is caught up with the place it would normally be for your level.

In short, check out the link Royale posted up at the beginning of this thread:

http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?594344-Sidekick-Development

It shows the level ups and explains it a bit, as well as posts each sidekicks stats for each level.

I may stay accountant up to level 50 and then switch to The Kid, which could get me to a level 9 Kid at level 59. Of course, that's looking way down the road :-) Realistically, our clan will likely need help in the armory department for the foreseeable future, so I may just stay with the Accountant and at least accrue some interest for armory items everyday.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 19, 2010 10:20 pm

Yea, my plan as well. See how fast I can hit the zorkmid cap.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 22, 2010 8:23 pm

After researching sidekicks and finding out that the ones that add extra attack/defense/crit percentages do not apply to Arena battles, the choice was pretty clear for me to go with The Accountant. With the completion of the Level 30 quest, it put me right at 1.1 million zorkmids. I figured with the 1% starting interest rate I'd get about 11k zorkmids a day even if I didn't have a chance to log in, but I was wrong and here's why:

I had my Funucci Gambit at 100, so I obviously had a few extra cards lying around. I pulled out my reliable Funucci Calculator and added in the extra deck for the Sidekick and managed to bring her up to an 82 right off the bat.

What I didn't know at the time was that the Sidekick's Fanucci score also plays in with the calculations, and the interest rate is directly affected by that, so instead of getting a mere 11k zorkmids, I got a whopping 32k instead! (An effective 2.8% rate).

Last night was the first night, so I'll be sure to run more tests to verify this and I'll be sure to post anything that either reaffirms this or contradicts it.

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:02 pm

So Shocktart, if I have a full 100 on everything including sidekick does that give me a base of 3.2 interest with a level 2 accountant? I'm doing some base calculations to figure how long it will take me to max myself out.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 23, 2010 4:19 pm

I'm still working on calculations right now Gin. I did verify that there is another 33k zorkmids from interest for today (I was slightly worried that I might have missed a day or something, but it seems consistent). My Accountant is only a level 1 with an 82 Gambit, so I'll need to get a few more cards to put in her deck and probably level up to lvl 31 (and my Accountant to level 2) and run some more calcs.

Update: I did find this, which is a little cryptic - "while the fanuccification of Skills is constant as long as you don't change the cards, the fanuccification of sidekick skills vary from day to day between a minimum of a factor of 1.3 to a maximum of 3.2 (for a deck of 100 points). "

From reading this, my interpretation is that the daily multiplier for the interest rate could be as low as 1.3x and up to a maximum of 3.2x (with a 100 FG in Sidekick). With only 2 days of data to go on, it may be too early to call my 2.8% "Consistent". - I'll keep everyone posted!

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 7:40 pm

Ok, last night was another 2.8%, so at least for now it seems pretty steady. My assumption would be that if I level up to 3 and my sidekick up to level , then the interest should be 2% x 2.8 or 5.6% total (6.4% if I can get a FG of 100 for my sidekick). I would have to level up to 46 to get 3% base rate for The Accountant. Assuming a FG of 100 would be an almost certainty by then I'd be looking at 3% x 3.2 or 9.6% daily interest at that point.

For now, I'll probably use my next set of APs to grind up to lvl 33 so that I can double my interest rate Smile . I'll consider whether I want to push it up to lvl 46 later - right now it seems like an awful lot of work for a few percentage points (unless I'm missing something else). With tomorrow being my last day of work, I can't afford to put much more into coconuts right now, so I'll have to survive on just my 30 a day AP limit for a while Sad

At any rate, what I'd like to do is set everything up so that I can grind up to about 10 million zorkmids in my account. At that point I'll be getting about 500k zm's in interest every day. At that point I'll let it sit a few days so that I can pick up a few Easter items (or whatever might be available at that time) and train up on all the skills I have access to (Witch, Guard, etc.) and pick up a few spell items to the point that I'm almost invincible at that level. After that I'll put those zorkmids to good use for the clan Very Happy
I figure I should be able to buy a thing or two each day for the armory at that point Smile

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 24, 2010 9:27 pm

Just for clarification on the Accountant...

Yes, you can get 1, 2 or 3% base interest with the accountant, depending on your sidekick's level.

Yes, a full 100 in fanucci cards on your accountant will multiply this by 3.2, giving you potentially 3.2%, 6.4% or 9.6% interest.

HOWEVER, there is a 'rich tax'. Basically, once you get so many zorkmids, the 'rich tax' will come into play and lower the daily amount of interest you get.

For example... last night I had 8.2 million zorkmids. Without the tax, I would have received 6.4% interest. Instead I received 4.4% interest. Still a nice payout, but not 6.4%, and lower than the 4.7% I was getting earlier this week. From my research, the amount of zorkmids you can get per night does seem to cap itself off.

Because of the 'rich tax' and lower daily interest than the old days, hitting the one billion zorkmid cap would probably take close to 3 years...
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 25, 2010 9:11 am

Since we were a bit confused about the Kid. I had asked one of my high leveled friends about it. He's says a level 10 kid will give you an extra 19 AP with your daily 30. 30+19= 49 AP!
Back to top Go down
zork24343
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Sidekicks   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 9:55 pm

Can you change sidekicks?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sidekicks, Which One's for You?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: F.A.Q.-
Jump to: