BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!

Go down 
+5
ShockTart
'RoYALe
BGL Dave
Ginzaki
Professor Maple
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! Empty
PostSubject: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:16 pm

To all Arena battlers:

We eliminated "inflated" battle ratios... Now, we enter a maintenance period to keep all future clans honest...

It took us six days to clean house... It will be easier to do so now...

TIPS
  • DO NOT ATTACK Join The BGL! - This is maintained by BGL Dave... If at any point this clan ratio drops below 100%, he will remake the clan from scratch...
  • This thread will be updated with various clans that fellow BGL'ers can not currently attack due to level restrictions or lack of action points... Please take care of these clans as you see fit...
  • Even if a clan is posted in this thread, check their clan battle ratio BEFORE attacking... This could save you an extra AP here and there...
Here are a few hints on making your RCR attacks successful

• View the Clan List by Battle Ratio list.
  • Click on the clan name.
  • Click on the Members option.
  • Find their weakest clan member that is between your level and up to four levels above you.
  • Maximize your chance of success by following the Final Win Percentage (FWP) Battle Primer.
  • Attack that clan member.
  • Repeat as you feel motivated.
  • Report on your successes and lessons learned in this thread.
HINT: If you use a browser that supports tabbed browsing, find the key/click combination or configuration option to open a link in a background tab. For Firefox, use Ctrl-click to open a link in a background tab.

Target Clans:
4 - http://legendsofzork.com/clans/12129
5 - http://legendsofzork.com/clans/10884
13 - http://legendsofzork.com/clans/12106

The number of *s indicate how many times they have reappeared on the RCR list

Prof. Maple and company

Last edited by Professor Maple on Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:05 pm; edited 73 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeTue May 25, 2010 8:49 pm

It should be noted, that this is what the CoZ thinks they are doing to us.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:43 am

Should keeping the 100% battle ratio clans honest still be a focus then?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 11:57 am

Professor Maple wrote:
Should keeping the 100% battle ratio clans honest still be a focus then?

Eh, there are around 600 and it's not too hard for any of us to create several more on any given day if we would want to. I don't think it's important, since I'd guess very few people find a clan through sorting by battle win %.

Not a bad idea though. Keep them coming! The more ideas that are out there, the more ways we'll be able to challenge the clan to keep at it.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 2:40 pm

I like the idea! A nice list you put together there too! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 5:35 pm

I suggested these "mini-missions" for a few reasons:
  • It gives our clan an opportunity to focus on a common task.
  • It provides an opportunity for arena battlers to find potentially easy targets, if they look at the clan member list and find those with low Fanucci Gambit numbers.
  • This can be a long-term focus since there are a lot of 100%-ranked clans out there.
The first post has updated instructions and a step-by-step procedure on how to carry out Operation RCR...

Prof. Maple and company

P.S. Apologies to anyone who is a Richard Childress Racing fan for the operation's name.

Last edited by Professor Maple on Thu May 27, 2010 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:29 pm

So far, I have had nearly perfect success in bringing some of the 100% battle ratio clans to a less than perfect ratio...

It's helped that I have stockpiled at least one weapon and armour of each type and I am using tabbed browsing to switch between inventory screens...

More updates as I progress into more arena battling...

Prof. Maple...
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed May 26, 2010 8:53 pm

Prof. - I think you read my mind on this one. I was just cycling through all the single-member clans with 100% ratios myself yesterday Razz

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:58 am

UPDATE: I restarted one of my characters, Prof. Birch. I used his first thirty action points this way:
  • Trip to get a Fanucci card.
  • Back to base.
  • Fight two more times to get enough to make a full wager (100 Zorkmids)
  • Return to base
  • Battled five Level 1 players who were members in 100% battle ratio clans
  • Leveled and chose Thick Skin (+1 HP) as my level up skill
  • Battled twenty Level 2 players who were members in 100% battle ratio clans
Final result? 143 Fame, 24 wins, 1 loss...

Bad news: Most Level 1 characters can only attack at most five or six Level 1 characters until they level up.

Good news: Twenty four clans that had inflated battle ratios are no longer at the top of the list...

Great news: There are only 586 clans with a perfect battle ratio now...

Lessons Learned:
  • Start EVERY new character as an employee of the FrobozzCo Spell Book Company. - This gives you the Lucky Escape Defense Spell. This spell can NOT be acquired in any other way.
  • Equip to Lucky Escape Defense Spell. - This gives you one extra hit point (HP) over most of your competition.
  • Acquire at least one weapon and armor of each type. - This gives you the most flexibility to match up best against all Arena opponents. The +3% advantage for each stance far outweighs the item's attack rating (AR) or defense rating (DR) for low level battles.
  • Analyze your opponent before you attack them. - Check their Statistics page to see if they have improved their Body skills (potentially increased HP) or a larger Fanucci Gambit than you do.
  • Change your equipment to match up best against your opponents. - See the first post for the reference links to the Stance threads.
  • Change your combat attitude to give you the best advantage. - This can be found in your [Edit] link in your Characters roster.
  • Bet the maximum value that you can for each battle. - In the long run, you will earn more Zorkmids than you have lost.
  • Choose a skill to increase your maximum HP when you level. - You can find Thick Skin, Brogmoid Hide, Blood Sponge, and Pin Cushion on the Skills Training - Body page.

Tomorrow, I begin hunting for Level 2 clan members on page 44... Smile

Profs. Maple, Birch, and company
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 2:33 pm

Time for some hunting... Got 90 AP ready... Time to let them know that the BGL will never be beaten! Cool
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Striderpunk
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:51 pm

Ive just searched through the first ten pages, most of these 100% win ration groups consist of only one member at a level of 10 or less, most in the lvl1-5 range. So below my character's lvl, but I did find one group up in my range, and it was my pleasure to tarnish their record in the banner of BGL! I will continue searching when I acquire more AP. As for now, if anyone has strong low level characters, this would be the quest for you..
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:54 am

Most of the remaining 100% battle ratio clans are within the level 3 to level 6 range, with a LOT of them at level 1...

I offer the challenge to those who have not started an alternate character, a.k.a. an "alt", to try taking down a few level 1 perfect clans for fun and reserving it for extremely low-level battling for the purposes of Operation RCR...

Lesson Learned: I was chugging along this morning wiping as many clans as I could when I forgot to check their leader's Fanucci Gambit... After I saw a final win percentage (FWP) of -21%, I went back and found that they had a Fanucci Gambit of 100! The Temp has earned their perfect 100% battle ratio percentage....

If you want to take a run at The Temp, ensure that you have as much of an advantage as possible and a Fanucci Gambit of 100...

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 10:46 am

I restarted Prof. Maple since I haven't had a chance to earn the Untouchable trophy, for a battle ratio larger than 99%.

I tried something different to see if I could take out more Level 1 "perfect" guilds with a different approach:
  • I switched only my Combat Attitude for the duration of the battles.
It gave me a smaller advantage over all of my opponents, but, I could attack a greater number of them. Out of 30 battles, I earned a 25-5 record and remained at level 1.

So, if anyone wants to go hunting, start a new FrobozzCo Magic Spell Book Company character and help BGL wipe out the low level clans!

TODAY'S HINT: If you use a browser that supports tabbed browsing, find the key/click combination or configuration option to open a link in a background tab. For Firefox, use Ctrl-click to open a link in a background tab.

RESOURCE: I have placed a compendium of clans with members in specific level ranges at the top of this thread.

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Striderpunk
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Karma's a b-tch   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 10:42 am

So I took your advice and started a second character in hopes to take out some of these lvl one 100% clans, I was doing pretty well and keeping a 100% win rate myself. I stumbled upon a one member lvl 1 group and had a final win percent of about 70... well only two shots landed below 70.. so far for my own perfect record..

I guess you can't win 'em all..

So at the end of the day, even though I had a good edge on every battler (57-67%) plus the extra HP point, I bit the dust 11 times!! I guess today isnt my day... though, on the other hand, I managed to take down 46 clans as well (had 57 AP saved up) so I'm doing my part..

Last edited by Striderpunk on Sat May 29, 2010 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Striderpunk
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 11:09 am

I was just wondering if this is potentially an uphill battle.. like a herculean hydra, for every group we knock out of the 100% club, two more will form over night.. is this mission winnable?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:01 pm

Striderpunk wrote:
I was just wondering if this is potentially an uphill battle.. like a herculean hydra, for every group we knock out of the 100% club, two more will form over night.. is this mission winnable?

Probably not, but it is a little entertaining to read the status reports. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 4:27 pm

from my perspective as a non battler, its just something to do get zms and fame and not necessarily a "winnable" objective.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:09 am

Striderpunk wrote:
This mission is an on-going mission... I realize there will always be new clans forming...

This mission helps us answer a number of different questions:
  • Are we ready to battle against another player?
  • How do we size up an opponent?
  • What do we need to do to get the biggest advantage when we battle them?

It also gives us practice hunting down specific clans with measurable goals... Right now, there are only 330 clans that have a perfect battle ratio... Either we are doing a great job hammering those ratios down or another clan has gotten the same idea as we do... I believe it is because of the BGL push that this number has been drastically plummeting...

Way to go!

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 11:33 am

273 "perfect" clans to go...

Please check the first post for links to more such clans...

Prof. Maple and company...
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:35 pm

UPDATE: The last ranked perfect battle ratio clan sits at 258th...

What I did NOT realize is that the ranking pages do not always have ten clans per page. Out of the first twenty five ranking pages, only nine pages are full.

That means we are a LOT closer to our goal than we initially thought!

At last count, there are only 199 clans that have a perfect battle ratio...

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:38 pm

We are down to about 164 clans to track down and cut down to size...

Are you having trouble finding the rest of the targets? I have put a master list of these clans in the first post... Use Ctrl-clicking in Firefox to open the clans in new tabs...

If you need more help, PM me!

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 9:22 am

I restarted Prof. Ivy a number of times this morning... (Apologies to Ginzaki and all the overseers for multiple clan invite requests... Here's her final (hopefully) character link...)

I think I have successfully battled ALL Level 1 clans out of a perfect battle ratio... I am guessing that there are under 60 clans to go...

P.S. At last count, there are 58 clans with a perfect battle ratio left...
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Professor Maple wrote:

P.S. At last count, there are 58 clans with a perfect battle ratio left...

Thoroughly enjoying your posts here Prof. What initiative! I may even be forced to bring my Level 7 Commish (1200AR/DR) into the fray if a few of the final ones prove tough. He's primarily fighting a few battles a day for fame, but he's been know to bust a few of the more mischievous heads :-)
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:29 pm

Professor Maple wrote:

Lesson Learned: I was chugging along this morning wiping as many clans as I could when I forgot to check their leader's Fanucci Gambit... After I saw a final win percentage (FWP) of -21%, I went back and found that they had a Fanucci Gambit of 100! The Temp has earned their perfect 100% battle ratio percentage....

If you want to take a run at The Temp, ensure that you have as much of an advantage as possible and a Fanucci Gambit of 100...

Prof. Maple and company

Well Prof, you have been doing an amazing job. So I set Commish on The Temp (a character that clearly is no longer playing). I'm happy to report that The Wonders clan no longer stands in the way of the 100% barrier ;-)

I only count 3 clans with 100% battle success now...
Decadent few (a Level 3 weak character) http://legendsofzork.com/clans/1259
The Lost (a Level 5 weak character) http://legendsofzork.com/clans/2296#

and a clan that is currently suspended (http://legendsofzork.com/clans/5845)... oddly enough, their suspension may be the only thing that keeps Prof seemingly impossible task from being 100% completed! The only question that remains... is it worth contacting support to un-suspend this clan long enough to beat them ;-)
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:13 pm

BGL Dave wrote:
Well Prof, you have been doing an amazing job. So I set Commish on The Temp (a character that clearly is no longer playing). I'm happy to report that The Wonders clan no longer stands in the way of the 100% barrier ;-)

a clan that is currently suspended (http://legendsofzork.com/clans/5845)... oddly enough, their suspension may be the only thing that keeps Prof seemingly impossible task from being 100% completed! The only question that remains... is it worth contacting support to un-suspend this clan long enough to beat them ;-)
I have already had this thread on the Jolt Forums to take care of a previous inactive clan...

I cleaned up the Level 3 clan and someone beat me to the Level 5 clan... ONE MORE CLAN TO GO!

Prof. Maple

P.S. Okay, fine, there's another new clan up there... Two members, one at level 12, one at level 14... Smile

Last edited by Professor Maple on Wed Jun 02, 2010 1:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!   FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOCUS: RCR - Do Not Attack -> Join The BGL!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next