BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ

Go down 
+3
'RoYALe
Galifre
BGL Dave
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ Empty
PostSubject: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 am

It was not that many moons ago when The BGL was first stretching its legs and exploring this new world known as Zork.

Our journey has brought the clan and its members unparalled success for a new group, of which I could spend much time and write many a chapter detailing the heroics of both individuals and the clan as a whole. However, this chapter is about closure in relation to a bump that sought to throw us off our path.

The Clan of Zork, also known as The CoZ, was that bump. Seeing our early successes, their previous leader sought to absorb our clan. At first, it was with flattery. But the forked tongue of 'the Gomers' soon lashed out with a declaration of war. Madness, akin to that of a scorned lover's, spurned on by jealousy, led 'the Gomers' to incite her members into devious actions and attempts at subdueing our members in the arena.

An attempt is ultimately all that came of the effort. Haughty words were thrown down as The BGL rose up and proved that Beginner's can not only Get Lucky... Beginner's can throw down. Hard. By the time the war ended, The BGL had amassed wins during the conflict at a more than 3-1 ratio in comparison to The CoZ. All of their characters that battled our newest members in the arena were thrashed by our veterans (jpgs available upon request).

While we continued, and continue, to have success in other areas within our clan (this forum was built, membership swells, friendships are formed and an armory flourishes), this thread is about a final chapter in measuring our efforts versus The CoZ, using their measuring stick and terms.

As I write, we as a clan have 185,000 battle victories. The CoZ has 199,000. Though they had more than 100,000 wins before we were even born, we have a chance to pass them in total clan wins before the year ends. One final step. One final chapter in closing the door on The CoZ and making a statement that Beginner's BELONG... and are pretty darn awesome Smile

Will you join me in celebrating the holidays and a new year by issuing out the old and welcoming in the reign of The BGL! Will you fight?!
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 11:41 am

I'm in.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:37 pm

Would you like the BGL Battlers to join in this fight? And 'RoYALe has gotten some new gear that's sure to help out in this! And R.G (my most powerful character) can give a hand too, and (if Shendo agrees) quite possibly maybe The Guard could also give a hand!

Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:58 pm

Here are a few words for the clan act that is to be pulled off.

"The battle, Sir, is not to the strong alone; it is to the vigilant, the active, the brave."
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 9:48 pm

You can count me in.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 10:02 pm

I'm in as is ~worckrad~ on the 10 to 20 levels. Possible Chris334 as he is getting somewhat stronger. Wished he'd won the AP's in the lottery instead of the ZM's. However his accountant is hard at work.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 7:27 pm

I should add that we don't need to fight CoZ members in this effort. Our clan battle wins do not discrimate based on where they came from Smile Personally, I had hoped that we could pass them by the end of the year in clan wins while the conflict was going on, but wasn't sure if it would be possible, considering their sizable head-start.

If needed, I will bring my former battling alts (now in The Fame Farm) back into our ranks. In the meantime, BGL Dave will feast on some poorly skilled Level 60+ folks.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 25, 2010 9:38 pm

Poor guys... I wonder how long it'll take you to hit level 70?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:08 pm

'RoYALe wrote:
Poor guys... I wonder how long it'll take you to hit level 70?

Well, I haven't been trying to get free coconuts for awhile, so I shouldn't see Level 70 until sometime next year. I may hang out at Level 62 for awhile... I'll lose some of my skill set advantage when I bump up to Level 63, where the best skill set is pretty uniform (Warrior + Enchanter).
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 26, 2010 8:12 pm

P.S.

Congrats fellow clan warriors! We have officially passed The Blackguard, a clan formed 10 months before us, in total battle wins! Additionally, we're only 12,000 wins away from hitting 200,000 clan wins and passing The CoZ for 6th place on the all-time clan battle wins list.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 9:59 am

Only 9,000 to go!
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:31 am

Less than 7,000 to go!
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 8:33 pm

Wow, we've really fallen off the fighting path! Still 6500 away from 200,000 wins.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 9:31 pm

Christmas is coming, so everyone is out shopping.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:37 pm

My characters are throwing in at least one hundred wins every day, on average...

I'm hoping my main character can hit level 30 soon, so that the accountant can get some work in... Smile

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:32 am

Hmm, I'm starting to wonder if the clan stats are broken again Mad I'll keep an eye on it. If it is, well, we won't quite be able to hit the goal this year (it usually takes them a good chunk of time to fix it), but we all could focus on some of our non-battling aspirations.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 9:42 am

Still watching stats and trying to help . Just added 10 W from ~worckrad~ and the clan wins didn't move so will hold some AP. Will also check daily for movement and hold battle AP with Jewelaine as she's battling for ZM's and searching for 1 good card for 2 pts to complete 100 all around.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 8:02 pm

UPDATE: Unfortunately, this goal will have to be put on hold. Once again, the clan win stats are broken. Last time, it was down for quite a while.

I'd encourage anyone who has been faithful in working towards this mission to focus their energies elsewhere, unless of course you enjoy rocking it in the arena anyway Smile I'll post up a note as soon as I notice this feature fixed (or if someone else sees it first, post it up). I have contacted Jolt about the issue.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 10:59 pm

I have been thinking about this the past few days. Dave I think the bgl is breaking the codes that monitor the battle wins because we fight so much.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:42 am

Hah hah, that could very well be it.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 9:48 am

Smile I like the way you think Sweets!
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 2:34 pm

If that's the case Sweet P those stats may never work right again!
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 25, 2010 12:48 am

with that statement jewel, your avatar fits right in.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 11:03 am

The clan stats are working again! Nice to know the wins count with 2 alts battling for zm's. Go get 'em all!
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 9:12 am

Thanks for the update Jewelaine! Less than 6,000 wins away from 200,000!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ   Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Writing The Final Chapter: How The BGL demolished The CoZ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next