BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ginzaki

Go down 
+4
Shoelessbrooks
pirutgrrrl
Hogsbreath
Ginzaki
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 3:38 pm

Lets see resume time:

Before becoming the Leader I spent about a month doing menial labor and shooting ideas to BGL Dave from a cannon. Through that time I wrote the BGL's guide to easy Double Fanucci farming and compiled all of the guides into a single source. Along with that I acted as the BGL's impromptu secretary, saving all of the important clan letters and stuff (which came in handy when someone went through and started deleting it). Since then I've been in a state of Second in Command/ Leader position for the last few months, and I ended a rather nasty conflict with the CoZ. So to summarize I have people skills and practical LoZ skills to boot.

I am taking on 10-15 apprentices at the time.

Proteges:

Hogsbreath
pirutgrrrl
Shoelessbrooks

Alumni:

YukiOtoko
'RoYALe

(Bwahaha I still remember the PMS from you two)

Last edited by Ginzaki on Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Hogsbreath
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 5:55 am

Seeing as we already zorkmail... could you count me in as an apprentice trying to rapidly emulate your success to alumni Question
Back to top Go down
pirutgrrrl
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: I would appreciate the help   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 4:36 pm

Hello Ginzaki!

I too joined because of the GameStop promo. I've been kind of wading through the game on my own without much idea or understanding of what is going on. My main focus is finishing the quests and leveling up, upgrading weapons, armor, spells but it's slow going. I haven't had any luck at all in battles--I get pummeled.
I guess I need some guidance on what my focus should be (I hope that you will accept my request to be mentored) and what exactly do all the stances and levels of magic mean.
Another big Q I have is what exactly is the benefit of being in a clan? I see that I can request and donate armor/weapons but aside from that...?
I have a few of my characters in different clans--is it necessary that I change them to this one? I just enrolled them on the basis of "First come, first served".
Thanks for your help--I'm hopelessly addicted to this game but still am missing the point (although having fun in the process)!

Pirutgrrrl
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 22, 2010 6:32 pm

Sure I can give you all the help you need.

Let us start by answering your questions (goods one too).

Your focus can be a few things. Mostly though you will be either an adventurer or an arena fighter, though being a combination of both isn't to hard. However the arena can be a bit unforgiving as you level up so you will have to use you money creatively. Also if you need a new piece of armor since I'm mentoring you just send me a PM of what you would like and I'll buy it and gift it to you.

As for clan benefit you have a few. First you get a discount in the weapon and armor shop for being in the clan and second you have the benefit of being around people who have been in the game for a while and have some knowledge of its mechanics. Also you can get free stuff like was previously mentioned.

Plus having several characters in several clans gives you the benefit of garnering knowledge from multiple places.

Now on to the stances. You might want to copy this to a word document or write it down because if you ever get serious about the arena it is nice to have.

Stances:

Shock and Awe is better than Smart Moves which is better that Hit and Run which is better than Shock and Awe -the basic rock paper scissors deal.

Magic:

High is better than Medium which is better than low which is better than high -same as the stances

Fighting and defense styles:

Sticks and Stones is better than Dodge and Weave which is better than Bows and Bullets which is better than Walking Tank which is better than Fists and Feet which is better than Mumbo Jumbo which is better than Sticks and Stones - A little more complicated because it flits between the two, but not hard.

For each one that you have better than your opponent you will gain 3% Final Win Percent (FMP), or if the opponent has the better one you lose 3% FMP. This also works in the wild, but is impossible to predict.

So for example I have decked out my character with Bows and Bullets, Mumbo Jumbo, and High Magic rounded off with a normal Stance of Dodge and Weave. If I come up against someone with Sticks and Stones, Walking Tank, and Middle Magic with a Stance of Hit and Run I will gain a nice 12% FMP. The opposite is true if I fight someone with Fists and Feet, Dodge and Weave, and Low Magic with Shock and Awe.

Also if you open a separate tab to change your stance you should at least never lose the 3% for a low stance.

Hope this helps.

P.S. I understand the addiction the game is really fun.
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: mentoring   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:16 pm

You seem to know more than anyone else in LoZ that I have encountered. While I have had some success thus far in playing I am still sorting out some things. Not sure why I was sent an invite to the clan, but the things that I have learned here have kept me playing, and so I am eternally loyal to BGL. I am interested in learning about interest on banked zorkmids. Does everyone get some interest, or only if you have a certain sidekick. I am having a hard time deciding if I should keep banking and try to improve my armour/weapons with interest only, or keep earning. You have literally the best of all categories, so any insight you can impart would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shoelessbrooks
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm

Well if you want to gain interest you would do well to snag the accountant as it's the only one that gives this perk.

For better equipment gains you will want to be banking zorkmids earned in the arena (or adventuring if you are a slow and steady person, but the accountant is useless in battle). Now after you have the accountant if she has a Fanucci stack of 100 she will give you 3.2x the interest rate for her level. I did this with a level 3 accountant so she gave me 6.4% up to 2.5 million. After 2.5M your interest will drop off approximately .05 every 500K you earn. With that in mind it should be easy to calculate how long it would take to get the best gear. Starting dirt poor it took me about 14-18 days to do it, but I was using 400AP from potions each week as well.

Hope this helps you out.
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Mentoring   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 3:04 pm

Are you interested in taking me on officially as an apprentice? Also, you didn't mention if there is a low percentage interest paid on all money banked even if I do not have the accountant as a sidekick.

thanks,

Shoelessbrooks
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 5:41 pm

Sure, I'll take you on, and no, unless you have the accountant you do not gain any interest on your zorkmids.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 08, 2010 5:35 pm

I'm buying new equipment for my apprentices, so if you're in need just ask and I'll do.
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 2:39 am

Damn, I knew I should have bought my upgraded spells first... any chance of getting something that I can sell and use to get better spells?

Thanks,

Shoelessbrooks
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 09, 2010 5:31 am

Sure, just name what you want and I'll get it to you.
Back to top Go down
Delusion
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 4:00 pm

Hello my characters name is Delusion and i would like to be considered for an apprentice position if you are still taking them.

Also if you have the time just a couple of quick questions if you could.

1. Would i be better focusing on buying Armor or Weapons first?

2. Am i correct in assuming that if my Main hand weapon is a Bows&Arrows stance, and i have points in eagle eye and eagle eye 2, then equip a weapon in my offhand slot with a stance that is not Bows&Arrows, would i then get that bonus still?

3. With my fanucchhi gambit I've noticed that when I'm battling a creature they seem to be getting the bonus also? if this is true then what advantage do i gain by having a higher Gambit if my opponent receives the same bonus?

Thank you for clearing up anything that you can, I'm loving the game but it's a bit of a learning curve at first.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 7:33 pm

Absolutely, and to answer your questions;

It doesn't matter too much unless you have taken specific skills for certain weapons or armors.

The weapon in your offhand slot does not affect anything but you attack so yes you would still get your bonus.

Your opponent does not get the same bonus from your gambit, and the difficulty curve in this game is so steep that it has an overhang. That might explain why the enemies seem to get bonuses for your gambit. If not post a screencap so I can see the problem.
Back to top Go down
Delusion
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:16 pm

Firstly thanks i appreciate your help Smile and as for the creature getting the gambit bonus i was just confused by the layout i had an epiphany and realized what i was looking at are all my stats lol. So the Primary slot dictates the stance and secondary slot has nothing to do with the bonus whatsoever?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Exactly. Same is true with defensive items. The one on the left sets the stance the one on the right adds to the total.

Also, I had the same problem when I started. I thought one side was mine and the other was the enemy. So I completely understand your confusion.
Back to top Go down
Flustercluck
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 11:51 pm

Hey there Ginz!

(Hope you don't mind my diminution of your player name here, no offense intended)

I continue moving upwards and onwards here in the game, yea! Shoeless has taken me adventuring, and we in his group seem to be doing well at that. I missed out on acquiring my last available (possible) Fanucci Card (Face/Infinity) as I acquired the Light Card beforehand. So I guess I'll never get the full deck now (if anybody says I'm not playing with a "full deck", I can't argue their point). BGL Dave indicated it is a game "glitch" Seems they don't seem to be doing much to fix "glitches" here.

Also, seems to me you can only get to set points like xxxx amount of AR, xxxx DR (I've also noticed Battle DR is typically LOWER than game DR, for some reason unknown to me) and that goes hand in hand with the only available top levels of Weapons, Armor, Spells, and Special Items. Doesn't seem there is any higher to go once you've managed to score all the top shelf items. Consequently, any continuation of battles with other players appears rather moot, as we are pretty much evenly matched up by that point.

And once you've acquired all the desired items through purchases, etc., then you just continue acquiring Zorkmids to no particular end, but there are no better weapons or armor or spells available to purchase ..............doesn't make a lot of sense, but oh well! OK, training lessons from the Trainers will use up some of the 'mids we're accumulating.

Anyway, just a few of my observations, ..................so far. The Cluck Surprised
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 9:12 am

Glad I read this, Flustercluck I've a lvl 50 alt with 5 special cards (inc. light) missing a rain card. Been waiting for the missing card to show up - didn't know about the glitch. Haven't read that forum entry yet.

The Lvl 60 quest and the Ruby Shoes seem to be the next goal, other than new trainers, but been wondering about some of the same things. With an Accountant I'm buying all available in top A, D & Spells and all training. I DO enjoy hitting a new level. Love that feeling of accomplishment!

Speaking of cards - can't access at this time, getting an oops! notice from all alts (2 mains ids). Reset computer - am using Google Chrome in Win7. Will try when I come back later and play. Seems to be a temp game problem - I hope.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 11:50 am

Good observations, Cluck. All true save for one, as Jewelaine said after getting all of the best toys you should set your goal on higher levels and the quest rewards from those. This is because you only get some of the best toys from those quests.

I myself am still collecting cards, but I'm jumping back in the arena shortly thereafter because I want to have the most battle wins I can get. Fame can wait because the bugs there make it not worth it.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Cluck and Jewel,

In my readings, the one way that you can get the full set of cards, even after you have started collecting face cards before you have all the normal cards, is to spend the 20 coconuts on the Buy Advantage that gives you 4 DF cards. If you have the spare coconuts and really want that trophy, there is a way. Too expensive for my tastes though.

Leveling can also give some nice additional bonuses to sidekicks. If I wasn't so set on gaining zorkmids, or was planning on leveling 5-7 levels in a day, I would have already switched sidekicks to The Mob to be prepared for the high level adventuring. At the higher levels, a new sidekick will level every time you level up until you've caught up with the sidekick leveling scale.

I enjoy the extra zorkmids though. I take pride in seeing our clan armory continue to grow... larger and stronger now than all but a handful of the older clans' armories (and they have the benefit of the pre-nerfed accountants).
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 08, 2011 12:40 pm

I agree with you on that one Dave. 20 coconuts to get 1 card is a bit much just to get a trophy. But I know now to stay out of the Gray Mountains with other alts until I've got that Beauty card if I'm trophy hunting. I think I'd like to use Chris as a clan accountant, but I'd like the Beauty card first and to gain a few more levels for his accountant. The Rose makes a huge difference when added to the Sidekick discount and the clan discount in purchase power!
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 09, 2011 11:53 am

I'm looking forward to hitting Level 10 on my accountant soon. That with the clan discount and Beauty... some pretty nice discounts :-)
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:35 am

question regarding sidekicks...

I have the Kid, and have since I was able to get a sidekick. I am now level 65, and my kid is level 9. He has been level 9 for some time... just wondering if anyone knows when the sidekick will reach level 10.

I would hate to switch my sidekick at this point, as new levels are few and far between it would take forever to level a new sidekick up.

Shoelessbrooks
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 11:36 am

Level 10 is at either 67 or 69, I can't remember which. I'll check on the Jolt forum to confirm.

EDIT: It's 67.
Back to top Go down
Shoelessbrooks
Serf
Serf

Ginzaki Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ginzaki   Ginzaki I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 12:24 pm

Thats why I am the apprentice, and you are the master! Smile

Thanks,

Shoeless
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content