BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What is your favorite genre of music?

Go down 
+6
Jaelle Hausroc
'RoYALe
Kestrel72
Sweetpurchase
Ginzaki
JimTheGreat
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JimTheGreat
Serf
Serf

What is your favorite genre of music? Empty
PostSubject: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 3:47 pm

I enjoy Rock/R&B.
Please post. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 4:15 pm

Punk, Reggae, Ska
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:08 pm

Japanese rock and pop, us country, old rock, some pop, some r&b, 80s, some classic rock....
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:12 pm

I dislike this generations country music. It's more like pop music with a twang.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 7:21 pm

i prefer country made before 2001, but there are a few songs that are good.
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:01 am

Rap, Rock, Surf, Funk, Electronica, Jazz (bop, not experimental), Bluegrass, Reggae/old Ska, the list goes on and on.

I just like really good music whatever the genre.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:41 am

Mostly rap and hip-hop also a few rock songs.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:03 pm

lame... where is your sense of adventure royale?
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 12:34 pm

You sound like my mom says that to me nearly everyday. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 10:36 pm

Jazz, Classical, Alternative, Rock, Pop, Soul, I like almost anything if it is performed well...

*Smiles* Musical Parody is probably my favorite though.
Victor Borge, 'Wierd' Al Yankovic, Julie Brown, Insane Clown Posse, They Might be Giants.
Back to top Go down
Darkcrow99
Serf
Serf
Darkcrow99

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 8:51 pm

all types of rock except Glam
Back to top Go down
http://theroleplayzone.forumotion.net
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:15 pm

what is glam? that's one I haven't heard of yet.
Back to top Go down
Darkcrow99
Serf
Serf
Darkcrow99

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 10:57 pm

listen to people like poison,twisted sister,motley crue that's glam
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:13 am

oh, I like those, so its just the term i have never heard. Granted I only like a few of their songs.
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 3:42 am

But quoth the 'Dark Crow'...

Nevermore!
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:59 am

Darkcrow99 wrote:
listen to people like poison,twisted sister,motley crue that's glam
Twisted Sister, yes, but I would consider Poison and Mötley Crüe are more just Hard Rock/Metal.

Glam = Glamour. Think of David Bowie (as Ziggy Stardust), KISS, Adam Ant, early Elton John....basically any act that incorporated excessive make-up or outrageous dress as part of their existence.

As for me, I pretty much listen to anything....as long as it's not the equivalent to fingernails on chalkboards. I also tend to listen more to the music part than I do the words.....this was really embarrassing one day when I was listening to Nine Inch Nails just rocking along with my young daughter in the car with me when I suddenly realized what the lyrics were to the song Shocked I pulled the tape out pretty quickly after that. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:23 am

You really need to watch those lyrics now a days Shock, Its hard to find the clean ones.
Back to top Go down
Darkcrow99
Serf
Serf
Darkcrow99

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 1:39 pm

KISS ? no KISS is shock rock like alice cooper.and Motley and Twisted are glam.Just put the history of metal in images you will see it.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:20 pm

Lol! As for appearances, Tommy Lee and the rest of Mötley Crüe would have just blended in with the crowds at the time they were at the top. One look at my high school yearbook shows that.....that was just the style of the times. They did have one or two albums in which they tweaked their look only because KISS was gaining popularity and they wanted a part of it.

The glam bands were the ones that took that look to the extreme and, yes, KISS definitely qualifies. Alice Cooper was just.......strange, but he did have a few good ones - and I loved him in Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band along with George Burns...that's a classic that I'll still watch today along with Rocky Horror Picture Show and Little Shop of Horrors.
Back to top Go down
Darkcrow99
Serf
Serf
Darkcrow99

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:39 pm

Motley made it extreme as metal,but KISS and alice shocked the audience that's why they are in that category.You said glam was extreme therefore you are saying that david bowie was extreme,that's not even remotely close.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:47 pm

Not so much when he is David Bowie....look up the old times when he was known as Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars. alien

Lots of bands went through multiple stages....even KISS went for a while with.....gasp....no makeup! What a Face
Back to top Go down
sweety137.
Serf
Serf
sweety137.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 7:52 pm

contry i am a country boy
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 8:08 pm

sweety137. wrote:
contry i am a country boy
classic,bluegrass, outlaw, rock-a-billy, southern rock, or modern?

Last edited by ShockTart on Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:12 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added "southern rock" to the list)
Back to top Go down
sweety137.
Serf
Serf
sweety137.

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:49 am

bluegrass Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 9:58 am

Sweetpurchase wrote:
You really need to watch those lyrics now a days Shock, Its hard to find the clean ones.

It's not just now a days....lyrics have contained expletives for years....Try picking up an old David Allan Coe album Smile

I find it downright amazing what some radio stations will play these days....some will mute out or smear what's being said, but they'll leave enough in there that you can tell exactly what was being said.

And to think that the Steve Miller Band (Jet Airliner) and Charlie Daniels Band (Devil Went Down to Georgia) had to completely re-record those songs before radio stations would even play them...but that's been years ago now. Today most of the edits take place in the radio stations themselves.

I cringe every time I hear a country station bleep or smear Kid Rock/Sheryl Crow's(or Kid Rock/Allison Moorer, depending on the version) "Picture" when he says "cocaine". Can you imagine what Eric Clapton's song "Cocaine" would have sounded like if it had the same treatment?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite genre of music?   What is your favorite genre of music? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite genre of music?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next