BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sidekicks, Which One's for You?

Go down 
+4
ShockTart
BGL Dave
Ginzaki
'RoYALe
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:19 pm

I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm still trying to figure out how...
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 10:33 pm

'RoYALe wrote:
I'm pretty sure you can, but I'm still trying to figure out how...

You'll find it in the 'Buy Advantages' section :-)
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Just to update everyone on my progress with "The Accountant". I have raised my sidekick to level 3 and hove a 100 gambit across the board (including the sidekick). The has put my base interest rate at 2% and the multiplier at 3.2 for a net total of 6.4% interest. By the time I got to this point I had a base of 1.5 million zorkmids.

I had some extra coconuts, so I bought a 200AP potion so I could do a little extra in the Arena each day. Over the past week I spent between 31 and 56 AP per day on battles only (no explorations) just to help push my Zm count up faster.

For the first couple of days I was spot on at 6.4% in interest (over 100k Zms per day). Once I hit 2.5 million Zms, I noticed my first hit by the "Rich Tax". but still pulled in 160K Zms at 6.39% interest. Here, at the end of the week, I have more than doubled my bank of Zms to just over 3.3 million.

Of the 1.8 million Zms that I have earned over the past week, 768K was from 240 Arena battles (really didn't need that potion after all). The remaining 1 million Zms was from interest. I am currently at 6.13% due to the "Rich Tax", but still bringing in just under 200K Zms per day in interest.

While "The Kid" will give you an extra 19 AP per day (if maxed out), I don't think you'll ever be able to get another 200K in Zms from those extra APs........If Zms are what you are after, at least.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 7:13 am

Latest update on my Accountant:
The total interest earned daily is still rising, but I'm losing interest due to the "Rich Tax" at a rate of about 0.1% per day, meaning I've gone from 6.1% to 6.0% to 5.9%....and I'm currently down to 4.8%. Even so, I've gone from 3.3 million Zms last week to 7.8million this morning. I'm still putting in my daily grind on the battlefield, which has helped....I've also donated over a dozen Quarterstaffs to the clan armory (something I'm hoping to make part of my daily routine once I get my own gear up to par).

If I can just hang on and double what I've made again by next week, I'll be happy, but it appears I may be coming close to another "nerf" in my Accountant:

It appears that, in addition to the "Rich Tax" that was implemented, there is also a maximum interest earned cap. From what I've read, with my interest rate and DF gambit (giving me a base rate of 6.4%), I'll be capped at 428,800 Zms per day maximum. Even if I level up to 46 and increase my base rate to 9.6%, I'd still be capped at 643,000 per day according to posts here:
http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?590654-Sidekick-The-Accountant/page19

I'll keep you posted!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:34 pm

So my cat princess has reached level 30 and Since I want to turn her into a zm farmer via exploration I also chose the accountant. Its going to take me more time to get her to the levels you have yours, but I think its going to go well.
Back to top Go down
zork24343
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 10:08 am

When is the interest posted to my account when I have the accountant? I have the accountant at lvl 1 and FG of 50 Sad. I have not received any $$ yet.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:49 pm

Interest is gained between AP refresh and about five hours after, but it can take much longer for it to happen.
Back to top Go down
zork24343
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 5:48 am

Will I get a mail telling me what I have earned or do I have to write down the amount I have each day to see if it is working?

Also now that I have the accountant should I put her above body in the cards? Should I have a higher gambit on my accountant than I have on my body?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 8:34 am

No, you will have to write it down.

I would hunt for more cards to do a max 100 across the board instead of sacrificing body if you are looking to earn money in the arena. If not then go ahead and do it.
Back to top Go down
zork24343
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 11:12 am

Thanks I am card farming to increase my cards but it has been slow going now. I also found that the card placement tool you sent me a link to gives different results when you run the simulation. If you just keep hitting simulate it gives you a variety of solutions some worse than others.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 28, 2010 3:08 pm

It gives you those different results so that you can fiddle with it and get the results you want not just what the simulator gives you.
Back to top Go down
Tryton
Serf
Serf

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:15 am

So, I finally got my characters up to 30 and got an Accountant for each. I was disappointed to see the extra AP is actually added to the daily 90 AP cap and not extra AP per day. So, it only benefits if I don't play for a few days and reach the cap. And here I thought I would get a few extra AP per day. Oh well, at least I'm getting extra ZMs from the interest and a good discount in the stores.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 7:46 am

Yea that part of the accountant has never actually helped me all that much.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 11, 2010 6:01 pm

I've an accountant on my lvl 46 non-clan character. Used the great forum info available. I record the ZM amount at the end of play each day. When FG was under 100, I would swap cards with the sidekick each night to max the multiplier and increase interest zms. Next day I'd record the new zm amount REMEMBERING TO RETURN THE CARDS TO THEIR ORIGINAL POSITIONS for game play.
***Important***
(If you forget to do this, you'll have REAL problems in encounters very quickly!) As your accountant levels up - so does interest until it reaches about 3 million zms at which time Zorkland's tax department starts taking it's cut. Am currently getting about 5.9-6% with a lvl 7 accountant and 10+mil zms. It's paying off big time now but took some patience and am taxed more as I save more.

I don't know if swapping cards nightly will work if you are adventuring. Depends whether the game uses character stats at the time adventure starts or when the game resets each day. I'm not taking the chance of messing up a group adventure with Chris334's accountant's nightly reset so keep it the same as play if adventuring.

Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 4:21 pm

So, Mighty BGLers,

I am at a crossroads with my Sidekick, so I am seeking your thoughts.

My sidekick, The Kid, is currently at Level 9, hooking me up with a sweet 16 extra AP every day. When I next level up, he'll hit Level 10, which has no significant extra advantage for my character (http://forums.joltonline.com/showthread.php?594344-Sidekick-Development). I have a level 10 accountant on the shelves.

Should I:

1) Stick with The Kid for the extra AP until I hit the upper 80s (currently at Level 79), and then switch to The Mob

2) Switch to The Mob now so as to enter the 90s with a Level 10 Mob

3) Switch back to The Accountant and hoard up some more wealth

4) Screw the whole system and randomly pop around sidekicks whenever enough coconuts appear.

OR

5) Another suggestion that far trumps all of the above.

~ BGL Dave

Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 5:23 pm

It depends on what you plan on doing. If you want to go for level 100 I'd say the mod. If you want to sit back go with the accountant. If you want to go for the trophy just juggle around.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 3:45 pm

Thank you BLG Dave! I was just looking for that link to look at Sidekick info again for my main alt at lvl57. I was curious about the zm's needed for the skills for Mithicus and further so as to decide when to switch out my accountant.
1. How many zm's does one adventurer need once all upper weapons and spells are purchased?
2. How fast do you want to get to level 100 and are you protected from TMP's?
3. Do you like a lot of strangers around?
4. The system is already screwed so do you like trophies?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 6:26 pm

Thanks for the input folks! The Kid pretty cool right now... I'm on a group adventure right now (using 1 AP a day on it), but I still had 90 AP waiting for me today from the past two days. I think I'll keep him through Level 80 so that he'll at least be a Level 9 sidekick if I re-activate him around Level 99 to get all the Pest Control trophies quicker.

Jewelaine, I used to have a link to a site that had all of the Trainers, Skills and total costs... but as I deleted that a while back and can't find it now, I copied and pasted some info from the LoZ forum into our trainer link. It won't have the total cost added up, but it's easily enough figured out Smile
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 8:55 pm

Many thanks, BGL Dave. Will take a look.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sidekicks, Which One's for You?   Sidekicks, Which One's for You? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sidekicks, Which One's for You?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: F.A.Q.-
Jump to: