BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anybody Organized?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:04 am

I was thinking that in addition to some of the FAQs and guides, etc.that we have scattered around, what about a nice organized method for searching? The Forums here seem a perfect platform, but what goes where?

Character building guides...Quest Guides...Battling Guides...

They all exist, but you really have to search for some of them, especially beginners.

I pretty much suck at organizing. Would anyone have the skills + time + inclination to start pulling this together? I could help out but I don't have the facility to head the project.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:45 am

I have worked with various phpBB boards... DarkBB doesn't seem all too different...

I propose that "The Lab", "The Library", or some other forum be created as a resource trove for new and established Zorkers alike...

Most of the guides that I have posted in the Arena could be moved in there...

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:55 am

what are you all talking about we have the FAQ forum that over half of your guides should go in. If you want someone to move the thread then I am up for the job. If you all just put your guides and what not in the FAQ forum in the first place we wouldn't have them scattered around all over the place, or did you forget we had one of those?
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:10 am

I apologize if I have been clogging the Arena forum... Could the three INFO posts I have started there be moved over to the FAQ forum? Thanks...
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Told you so   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 11:11 am

I suck at organizing.

I'm not organized enough to make guides or FAQs. I just do the grunt work and leave the smarter people for this organization stuff. I don't know how (probably don't have permission) to move threads anyway.

Funny post sweetpurchase - I can see you waving your finger, rolling your eyes and trying not to call me a dummy outright...
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 1:38 pm

I'm organizing all of our stuff into the new guide, but the ability to find the little tidbits out of the guide would be interesting. I'll start fiddling with it later so you'll see some forum sections coming and going.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:39 pm

Kestrel72 wrote:
I suck at organizing.

I'm not organized enough to make guides or FAQs. I just do the grunt work and leave the smarter people for this organization stuff. I don't know how (probably don't have permission) to move threads anyway.

Funny post sweetpurchase - I can see you waving your finger, rolling your eyes and trying not to call me a dummy outright...

I was very exasperated with the two of you trying to make for work for poor Ginzaki, He is new to the board system as it is. New forums would just have been too much for him... as for waving my finger, well sometimes all you boys need some good old fashioned motherly reminders, if we don't point it out who would? Definitely not you boys.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:43 pm

lol! That's all I can say.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:29 pm

I can help format any guides in a board-friendly manner... I have offered my help as an editor and/or moderator, but, no one has taken me up on it yet...

Just putting it out there again...

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Sweetpurchase...   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 8:27 am

I was trying to make more work for you and Prof. Maple, not our fearless leader.

So let me put it this way -

Ginzaki! Will you give sweet or prof temporary mod status so that they can organize our FAQ's into a more beginner-friendly format?

I hope that doesn't get me attacked by anyone's second character (coughsweetcough).
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:04 am

I already have the mod powers kes, and none of my characters could take you out. they are all explorers not arena battlers.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 1:22 pm

I have started a step-by-step compendium of BGL information here in the BGL Guide to Success...

I started to arrange all of the readily-available information in a easy-to-read and easy-to-follow format...

I would like to get feedback on these guides...

Thanks!

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 2:31 pm

Prof - so far they look great!

And Sweet - I'm picking. I honestly don't think any of us would attack any others in the clan. I've even avoided hitting characters in other clans because the names sounded similar to BGL ones.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:28 pm

i know, but i have to give you a hard time
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:32 pm

Looking like a family already.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:38 pm

lol!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:40 pm

Doing some promotions this weekend. I'll be monitoring everyone's performance in the past and through the weekend and we'll have some new mods and sub mods.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2010 10:43 pm

sweet.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 8:07 am

Sub mods?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 am

'RoYALe wrote:
Sub mods?

I plan to make user-groups for moderators in ranks. Give certain people mod powers over certain board and certain people full mod powers. Also some new user-groups are coming for those with specialties within the clan.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:25 am

Nice!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 11:32 am

Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 05, 2010 3:41 pm

do we even have those?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Anybody Organized? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Anybody Organized?   Anybody Organized? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anybody Organized?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Problems/Suggestions-
Jump to: