BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RBR Cancelled

Go down 
+3
Ginzaki
Kestrel72
Professor Maple
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 2:05 pm

The following mission is considered mothballed... Please keep focus on RCR...

Prof. Maple
Prof. Maple wrote:
With the overwhelming success and continued maintenance of Realistic Clan Ratios, we have our second mission...

RBR - Realistic Battle Ratios

To all Arena battlers:

We eliminated "inflated" battle ratios... We shift to a similar mission... We will work to keep each Arena battler honest...

• As of 4:40 PM EDT, June 10, there are about 45231 characters with a perfect battle ratio.
TIPS
  • DO NOT ATTACK BGL Recruiter - This character is maintained by BGL Dave... If at any point this character's battle ratio drops below 100%, he will remake the character and the "Join the BGL!" clan from scratch...
  • Visit Zorkpedia's "XP Required to Level" chart (external link) if you want to know what level someone is by their total XP.
Here are a few hints on making your RBR attacks successfulHINT: If you use a browser that supports tabbed browsing, find the key/click combination or configuration option to open a link in a background tab. For Firefox, use Ctrl-click to open a link in a background tab.

Last edited by Professor Maple on Mon Jun 14, 2010 10:33 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:31 am

Preparedness Check

Would anyone be interested in trophy mini-quests? This would help our clan members learn how to better maneuver in the G.U.E...

We potentially have the first leg in this contest... A points system for each "trophy" contest, for some type of aggregate score, could be an incentive for each of our members...

Comments?

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: I like it   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:51 am

But it would have to be judged on a sliding scale - I mean level 1 characters won't have the same opportunity to do quests and get trophies...

This seems weighted toward the established characters if there's a time limit or race to complete.

What about a special designation or title (as opposed to formal rank w/ priveleges) for those that complete certain tasks for the clan? Sort of a clan kudos system. Seems like there's some way to do that, I just can't remember where I've seen it.

Edit: I like the Professor's idea, and it sounds like we're on the same page.

Last edited by Kestrel72 on Thu Jun 03, 2010 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:01 am

Kestrel72 wrote:
What about a special designation or title (as opposed to formal rank w/ priveleges) for those that complete certain tasks for the clan? Sort of a clan kudos system. Seems like there's some way to do that, I just can't remember where I've seen it.
That was where I was heading with it... Some type of title/perk system based on levels of trophy achievement... Titles and accolades listed on this board would be a nice reward...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 2:44 pm

Okay, we have a new set of marching orders...

I suspect that this will take a bit longer than our RCR mission...

Smile

Game on!

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 3:49 pm

Man this just feels weird.

Ya know what. I'm not participating so I clean my hands of the purges.

Remember to pack clean underwear you guys.

*off to make lunch for the arena battlers*
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:12 pm

Clean underwear? Really Ginzaki? Your acting like my mom!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 6:20 pm

That's the idea.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:03 pm

shouldn't you leave that up to the female population of the clan?
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:05 pm

Ginzaki wrote:
Man this just feels weird. Ya know what. I'm not participating so I clean my hands of the purges.
Purging sounds harsh... Between the clan ratios and individual battle ratios, I do not know of any other group activity that has such a distinct target or focus...

I'll keep brainstorming, but, we will see what happens to this mission...
Sweetpurchase wrote:
There are males in our clan that are capable enough to make our own lunches, thank you very much... Smile

Prof. Maple and company
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 10, 2010 10:14 pm

Professor Maple wrote:
Sweetpurchase wrote:
There are males in our clan that are capable enough to make our own lunches, thank you very much... Smile
Prof. Maple and company

I wasn't referring to making you all lunches. Just about being moms.
Back to top Go down
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:37 am

Moms make better lunches than dads 98% of the time.
No offense fellas.

Ginzaki - if you don't think this mission is valid, or if you think it's against the clans values and could cause political strains, make a strong call. We'll do the right thing.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 9:38 am

This is hilarious! You guys go on! Don't mind me. lol!
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2010 10:36 pm

Kestrel72 wrote:

Ginzaki - if you don't think this mission is valid, or if you think it's against the clans values and could cause political strains, make a strong call. We'll do the right thing.

Generally, if I see someone that has, eh, 50-100+ wins and 0 losses, I won't attack them. Those people are clearly trying for 100%, and I hate to rain on their parade. There are plenty of other people out there for me to get zorkmids/wins from.

This is not a clan policy... just a personal policy that somewhat reflects our clan's vision of building others up rather than tearing them down.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 12:08 am

I share the same thinking as Dave. I won't make a ruling against it, but I will say that I disagree with it.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:18 pm

Kestrel72 wrote:
Moms make better lunches than dads 98% of the time.
Obviously, you've never tried my ex-wife's cooking! Razz

BGL Dave wrote:
Generally, if I see someone that has, eh, 50-100+ wins and 0 losses, I won't attack them. Those people are clearly trying for 100%, and I hate to rain on their parade. There are plenty of other people out there for me to get zorkmids/wins from.
I have to agree with Dave on this one as well. If there is someone out there working hard on being the best, then more power to them - let them lose on their own terms. The luck of the draw will generally get them at some point in time, if not then they certainly deserve that 100% rating. I also generally won't go after a low-level character that is just getting started to try and hand them their first loss (Well, unless they start a new clan just to give their clan a 100% - then they're asking for it Smile ). You never know if it's someone trying to start a good win % character. We certainly don't want to make this a game that people get frustrated playing for sure.

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Kestrel72
Knight
Knight
Kestrel72

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 8:07 am

I know this is the wrong thread, but I don't care - someone can move/delete this.

Why the hell are BGLers accused of so much crap? This conversation amongst the top of the clan members shows that we're dedicated to helping/building the game.

How does it end up that we're spies, thieves, and plagiarists? Sometimes people make me think the worst of them...
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 9:46 am

Kestrel72 wrote:
I know this is the wrong thread, but I don't care - someone can move/delete this.

Why the hell are BGLers accused of so much crap?

The best formula for dealing with this... focusing on our clan and not other clans. Believe me, if we were clan #50, you wouldn't be hearing anything from any other clan about us. When you're on the first page, things change a bit.

I tend to believe the benefits that we are providing our members far out-weigh the minor negatives coming from outside the clan that have come with our ascent through the ranks. We could have remained small and helped only a few, and no one would have paid us any mind... I'm enjoying what we're doing much more :-) Plus, we're giving other clans something to talk about and to motivate them. This can only be good for LoZ. I may not agree with other clan's methods of motivation, but that's really not for me to say... each clan to their own methods, and their members can decide if those methods match their own.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 14, 2010 10:30 am

I am making a decision to suspend RBR... It looks like we are not as motivated against the individuals as the clans...

I will continue to ask for ideas, but, RBR is closed...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RBR Cancelled Empty
PostSubject: Re: RBR Cancelled   RBR Cancelled I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RBR Cancelled
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Arena-
Jump to: