BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Haggis Heros

Go down 
+4
'RoYALe
Ginzaki
Galifre
Tryton
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

Haggis Heros - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:30 am

I tend to agree - I can see the system used. Might be fun to try and mess with him/her when I'm clear of some tax work. Got 2 older alt's to fund from. Hmmmm....
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 11:18 am

It's really odd to have your inbox message number count up as you explore... Really, it's odd...

It looks like Haggis Heros are still attacking the fifteen characters I have moving up to Level 33 for the 2%/6.4% interest level for my accountants...

Oddly enough, there did not seem to be any attacks towards my thirty upgraded Level 33 and 34 characters...

I need about 12.2 million zorkmids per character to "chase" Haggis Heros away from my stable of characters... I guess I'll have to build my characters' principal amounts back up for maximum daily interest payments...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:38 pm

That they aren't after your upgraded characters hints at coward activity. That's one thing I liked about Nerb, he loved attacking someone who was just as strong as he was. So do I, it's kind of fun looking at the blood splotches and you come to see if you win or lose.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 pm

Hmmm... the way we could really annoy them is by using alts to create clans that have higher than a 98.6% battle win %. Today, since the Haggis battle ratio is dropping, he attacked the clan behind him (which has one member). That's why they have Level 1 players in the clan at all.. to attack the one player in the next closest clan.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 2:10 pm

They're stronger in the 20's & lower ends if you look at the member list. I'd be happy to play Hit the Haggis. He/she DID have a miscalc - one of the 27 total hits was a defeat! I' m open to private forum messages or game friend requests anytime.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:19 pm

Ginzaki wrote:
I think Haggis Heroes are only one person with a of of free time. The coordination seems a little too perfect for me. He/she is kind of like the Prof if he lost his moral compass.

I think the Haggis ARE Prof. He's kind of like the guy in Fight Club.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:22 pm

His name is Robert Paulson.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:16 pm

Good News 1: It looks like Cult of Grue has helped out a bit... Exhibit A There are enough of these types of clans that Haggis Heros has been bumped to the second page of clan battle ratio-sorted clans...

Good News 2: In order for Haggis Heros to get back to a 99% clan battle ratio, they would need to win another 174680 without another loss...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:18 am

Noticed that - wish I knew the trick -have the means to do the same. After a total (inc. today) of 44 hits, it's good to see HH get theirs in some way until I can hit some of them soon. Personal vendetta.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 am

Unfortunately, it has not curbed the tide of our clan losses... We suffered over 3,800 losses this past week... Somehow, Haggis Heros still have the target on our back...

Right now, I do not really mind, since our clan was, is, and will not be a battling clan, primarily... If they want to feast on some of our inactive characters, there is not much that we can muster in terms of retaliation...

One thing we can do is make it difficult for them to attack our active characters... So far, this has worked quite well...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:23 pm

Thank you Prof, sometimes we get wrapped up in the fight that we lose sight of our true goal. 80% battle record would be nice, but isn't necessary. Though I definitely agree with making our active characters hard to hit, because it's fun to get a message about someone attacking you and losing. Kind of like playing red rover against some SWAT guys.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:03 pm

Wish the BGL Battlers could've helped out, but their numbers are much to small and apparently the clan has gotten kind of silent. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:22 pm

The gods of Zork smiled - 200 AP suddenly appeared today in my time of need. (must have won the lottery) Over 100 battles to gain much needed ZM's for the refit and to regain the point+ lost in win stats. Just a little more tweeking....... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 4:50 pm

200 AP? Did you happen to finish one of the quests?

It looks like we have started to head back to the arena... 1,700 wins on average in the past five days... Nice work, everyone!

Haggis still targeted fifteen of my characters over the last week... That's approximately 375 losses for our clan... At least they have all returned to the arena, trying to build up zorkmid accounts for their accountants...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 10:11 am

Grand prize in the lottery! Need every battle point I can get after 9 more hits from HH today on the 56 already tallied. I sympathize.
HH has been busy! Anyone caught in the mid 20's to 40 range is a prime target and that level will go higher as HH moves each new alt batch up the levels. It's building laddered level alts with full A/D strength. Great game play innovation. It would take some time and really organized, dedicated play to be a challenge - a good job for the BGL Battlers. My next alts will be ready. With clan open weaponry, I could have fought back. Maybe with just the armor?
(It's tough to see Ruby Shoes on a level 32 character - Megan Minx.) Hope Jolt keeps the game around - it CAN be interesting.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:05 pm

In a clan as large as ours, there are some stats we do have some control over, and some things we don't have much.

Things we do:
1) Clan wins
2) Clan armory
3) Clan Membership

On these three fronts, we have done exceedingly well over the past year. In fact, no clan before ours have ever hit any of these totals after 1 year. Well done!

Things we don't:
1) Clan losses
2) Battle ratio

With armory glitches and no limitation of character creation, anybody can attack any Top 10 clan and change these stats quickly. These aren't things I'm greatly concerned about because they don't speak directly to our mission... which is to help the new wave of zorkers. If we wanted to have a clan focused on these stats, 3 of us could take 30 alts each and create a side clan of buffed up characters and act like we were macho for owning a paper-rock-scissors contest ...or just use the armory gifting glitch (which I'm noticing on the fame charts is at this point widespread... and has been in existence for more than 9 months after first being reported) on our active players and boot out the rest of our clan. Not our style, and not our mission.

So I've decided that if another clan wants to honor us by focusing all of their attention on us, that's GREAT! At this rate, soon we will be in the Top 3 of every relevant clan stat... including most 'visits' by foreign clans. Let the old continue to honor the new. And if some new folks want to quietly make us a part of their 'weekend of tyranny'... well we had good fun with that and they might as well too. It's a game, right :-)

So unless someone grows a pair and openly declares war on us, then I don't see any target for us to attack OTHER THAN those named from members in our clan seeking defense or retribution. That I will gladly give, in greater measure than may be expected.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 pm

No complaints here. The only thing I'm interested in is trying to keep the game as fair as possible.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:15 pm

Ah, "fair". Should we head over to the philosophical board? I'm sure you've been missing a partner there ever since Galifre walked.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:12 pm

Wow, I did not realize the Inbox notification number could go into the triple digits!

It looks like Haggis cleaned the clock of at least five of my characters for approximately 500 clan losses during the past three days...

EDIT: Ten characters...

EDIT 2: Make that fifteen...

Oh well...

Prof. Maple

P.S. It looks like Haggis Heros will stop attacking you once it gets difficult for them to beat you... How do you do that? Equip yourself with the biggest Easter weapon, the thickest Easter armor, and the strongest Easter magic spells... Back that up with a Frostham Steel Defender Helm or the Ruby Boots of Ag and you will not be visited by Haggis Heros as much...

Last edited by Professor Maple on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 9:21 pm

Trust me, it can get to five digits.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2011 7:13 am

My 1 is only double digits - frustrating for sure. Did you check them - 3 of the alts were losses for HH! Whoops!
BGL Dave is right - an attitude adjustment helps. The days we aren't being hit, the other clans probably are. But I can still plot...... and that DOES provide a bit of fun!.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:32 pm

poor gin.
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 7:54 pm

Good to hear from you again SweetP. Thought the Haggis might have done you in!
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:43 am

Indeed, as summer roles in we're getting more of our old members back online. It feels good to get the family back together.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Haggis Heros   Haggis Heros - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Haggis Heros
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Pub-
Jump to: