BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

To Galifre

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

To Galifre Empty
PostSubject: To Galifre   To Galifre I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 12:45 am

I noticed that you beat Reach on legendary, alone. Any tips? I got through Winter Contingency, but the difficulty curve between it and ONI: Sword Base is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

To Galifre Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Galifre   To Galifre I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 2:47 pm

My only advice is to take it slow and maybe only do a level each day. Use the DMR to your advantage to reduce the ranks before you are forced to use other weapons. When you have a choice, choose the oversheild or armor lock on ONI Sword Base. My preference is the Overshield. On the spire the largest help was to skyjack a Banshee and annihilate everyone from the sky. When you get to the last level it is almost impossible to beat the way they expect you to, hit me up when you get closer and I'll give you my method.

I didn't become aware of this until recently, but it might have been a big help during the ONI Sword Base level. This video explains. Pretty ingenious actually. I have used it since for a credit boost. It is safe to use as Bungie commented in their forum they aren't concerned by the exploits use. You will see why as you use it. It does provide a big boost for a short time though.

I agree the difficulty is pretty intense in spots. You won't notice in some areas and in others you will say long strings of bad words....at least so I have heard.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

To Galifre Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Galifre   To Galifre I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 5:33 pm

Thanks, the biggest thing I've learned is to sidearm a plasma pistol in Elite heavy areas. I'm gonna take on ONI in an attempt to gain the 4000 Cr, and thank, but I've already used that exploit to it's maximum potential. So, yea I'll so what you say and take it slow.

I also got the Legendary Edition today...the wife gave me some looks...anyway, In the cave in mission 9 on Heroic I found the way to make my run on Legendary really easy. By jumping behind the rocks next to turret c you can manuever into a position that allows your team to take out all of the opposition for you while only being a short run from the door. Though if you want to be part of the fray you can climb a bit and snipe enemies with your DMR without repercussion because they won't fight back.

EDIT: As of now I am about 3/4 of the way done with sword base, I've just returned and I know that I can finish from here as long as the hunters don't give me too much trouble.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

To Galifre Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Galifre   To Galifre I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 12:05 pm

I have friends that use the plasma pistol method and are very effective at using it. I must not be coordinated enough.

I'd love to see a video on your tactic for level 9 if you get a chance.

My only trick for that level is on the cannon for the conclusion. I wait to mount the gunners chair until the final ship is there, then I quickly take position then launch one shot for the win. I tried memorizing the phantom pattern and killing them immediately, but they overwhelmed my position every time. An hour later I came to the the tactic above. I have since found a video of it if it wasn't very clear.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

To Galifre Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Galifre   To Galifre I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:34 pm

Heh, I didn't think that would work.

EDIT: I don't have the video, but I can easily redo it sometime. Though it would be about 20-45 minutes long.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

To Galifre Empty
PostSubject: Re: To Galifre   To Galifre I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

To Galifre
Page 1 of 1