BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ugh

Go down 
+2
BGL Dave
ShockTart
6 posters
AuthorMessage
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:12 am

Is this the end.....or is it just the beginning?

If you haven't noticed yet, click on the "Base" page in LoZ.....completely redesigned.
It looks much cleaner.....yet it's missing so much.

.....will they change the other pages, too?
.....will they fix the battle stats?
.....what else changed?

All in all, the original question remains......is this the end...or just the beginning?
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 12:29 pm

Mighty Shocktart,

I believe the changes that we are witnessing were the things the devs were working on that have caused the requests we have made (specifically related to clan battle/adventuring stats) be put on hold.

Now that this project is complete, maybe we will see some of the newer issues addressed.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 8:01 pm

I think the base is a lot more streamlined than it was before. Overall though think of it like this:

It's not the first time the interface has changed, and it won't be the last. It is kind of like playing the beta for a game that isn't done, and in part that is exactly what we are doing. LoZ is incomplete and it can be argued that it never will be, but I'm glad to be taking part in all the fun.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 9:47 pm

it gave me a shock when i first logged in today, Then i read the email, and it made more sense. I kinda like it.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 10:48 pm

hmm, first problem I have with IE is all the links don't work error 'done with errors on the page'.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 29, 2010 11:11 pm

Comment 2:
- All Potion and Soda cool down timers have been removed, letting you adventure for as long as you like!

(providing you buy coconuts)
And with that many APs a day why would you buy coconuts anyway?

- All new characters will now get 90 AP instead of a mere 30.

And old characters still get 30?
And I wonder if the drops have changed as 90 AP means 3 cards a day on average.

- When a character reaches level 10 they will now receive a free Blank Slate Soda, which will let you reapply your skill points, letting you rebuild your character to suit your adventuring style.

And if you are already over level 10 now? I assume no retro awarding.

- Catch Phrase and Battle Taunt are no longer mandatory at character creation.

woo, woo, yawn....

but Ginzaki is right, most browser games remain perpetual works in progress and generally changes work against existing players. Lucky I found this great clan... yada, yada..
Back to top Go down
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:36 am

Only new characters get 90 AP's per day?

So, if say all my characters are at less than Lvl 10, (which they are), if I don't just delete them all now and start over I'm shooting myself in the foot?

Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:39 am

no. You don't have to worry about that, Just keep in mind that should you delete and restart any character you have to sit at the computer for over an hour and a half for each one that has 90 ap, Its just too long to do for five characters. So dont delete just show the new comers what they missed with the old 30 ap system.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 1:54 am

I don't think that's how it works. I think that new characters get 90 AP to start and the get 30 a day like the rest of us. It doesn't make much sense any other way.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 2:04 am

Hmmm, well until the first AP refresh, we won't know but this really changes the dynamics of the game.
One of the major attractions has been that you can't sit and click all day unless you buy potions and even that was limited to 2 every 7 days. Removing that really changes the dynamics of the game.
If the drop rate of cards is unchanged, players get cards faster, can battle more and earn Zms faster and therefore be stronger and better-equipped by the time they reach your level if you are still stuck on 30AP a day.

Edit:
Sorry, my logic was wrong. what it means is that new characters can develop faster.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 3:22 pm

Ahh, the fine print from the spam mailout from Jolt:
quote:
More AP
All new characters now get 90 AP (30 AP daily and 60 AP banked) so your first steps as an adventurer will take you a whole lot further
unquote.

And as mentioned elsewhere there is a 20% sale at the moment. Not mentioned in the game mail but the Jolt mailout.

In effect apart from a modified interface, the only big change is you can play more if you buy coconuts.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 30, 2010 10:30 pm

I will say one thing....the 20% off in the store is certainly a BIG help. I think I'll have a go at some of the upgrades that I've been saving for....even if I'm not at my goal quite yet....as the difference in what I will have left is not that great between buying it now vs. waiting for later.

Has anyone noticed that the discounts apply to the potions and amulets, too? If you haven't picked up your St. Qaukko's or Aimfiz Amulet yet, now is the time as I've never seen these on sale before.

I'm still waiting, ever so impatiently, for the clan battle ratings to finally update after....what has it been now.....four weeks?

Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Jaelle Hausroc
Serf
Serf
Jaelle Hausroc

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 3:10 am

Good to know. ^,^
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 01, 2010 10:07 pm

ShockTart wrote:

I'm still waiting, ever so impatiently, for the clan battle ratings to finally update after....what has it been now.....four weeks?

Just about. I think it was around July 9th that they went out. Hopefully the system has been able to track it, as I think our win numbers would take a good sized jump based on the comments I've read around here and my alts battles. They are aware of it and have been able to fix it before, so hopefully the fix will be in soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Ugh Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ugh   Ugh I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ugh
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Pub-
Jump to: