BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Possible Exploit

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:35 pm

I don't usually condone the use of an exploit for all of the reason you are imagining, but I think I stumbled on one the other day. I was trying to refresh my Suggested Opponents list and hit the back button accidentally. It put me back in the last battle I was in and the rolls started scrolling down the screen. Before I could leave the page the results popped up awarding me cash and prizes as usual. I didn't want to try again as it would possibly be a violation and might reflect badly on the clan, but it certainly made me consider the possibilities.

Just be wary as I am sure the powers that be would frown heavily on the use.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:48 pm

I discovered this a while ago and sent a support ticket in about it, I'm not sure what they have planned or if it's even an issue.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 8:55 pm

Are you guys sure it counted the results a second time?

It may have just been going back to the previous page without giving new results (although it would have looked like a result was coming up). I'm on an older browser, so this can happen while exploring without a new battle actually happening (like when I've fought a boss and click back and it takes me to the 'fight or flee' screen... if I click 'fight', it will show the fight again, but not with any AP being used or XP added).
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:03 pm

When I did it I'm not sure if it counted the battle twice but I did get the zorkmids and it took away an AP for it. This was back when my zm totals were low enough that I'd notice something like this of course.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 9:06 pm

I'm not sure if it does or not. The scientist in me wanted to test it out, but I was leery of upsetting Jolt. Now if someone who hadn't done it before recorded their stats and gave it a try they could clarify for us.

I did take an AP hit too.

Last edited by Galifre on Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification)
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:41 pm

I tested it out on Firefox. Battled a player. Hit 'Back to Battle' after the win. Then hit the Back button.

Results: Same battle screen as before came up... same dice rolls and exact same results. No additional fame, XP or zorkmids ended up in my total, and my AP was the same after hitting Back as before. It did grant me XP, fame, and zorkmids from the original battle, which did cost 1 AP.

When I hit the Refresh button on the re-battle screen, it took me straight to the battle page.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 23, 2010 10:47 pm

I am using Chrome, but that shouldn't matter for this type of scripting. I wasn't prepared to compare results at the time. Maybe I misread the AP loss. Thanks for giving it a go.
Back to top Go down
johnmarston
Serf
Serf

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 11:18 am

its a coding glitch, I did some work with Jolt as I'm a PHP and MySQL Major, its removing your AP, however your dice rolls are the same and you do not gain any fame or zm.. it should be fixed now without taking away the AP, it looks like you keep doing the same battle, however its just a replay of the last
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Possible Exploit Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible Exploit   Possible Exploit I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible Exploit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Pub-
Jump to: