BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick Empty
PostSubject: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:00 am

At early levels I was really curious about the sidekicks and wondered how my options could affect my play style. I wanted my character build to accentuate my sidekicks potential, so I started digging through the forums for info. Once I realized I couldn't take any of them into the Arena I narrowed down my list to sidekicks with passive abilities. I realized early money was going to be an issue, so I settled on the Accountant. Her abilities have softened a bit since she was introduced, but I feel she is still a viable teammate. I'll give you an example of why an Arena focussed character would wisely choose the Accountant at level 30.

Example: My level 34 character has 4.4 million Zorkmids from battling in the Arena. I need about 10 million to get all of the gear I need to advance much further in the levels without getting my Battle Ratio dinged too badly. At my character level of 34 my accountant level is 4. She gets me a decent discount of 4% at the shops, but I get 2% in Daily Interest. That 2% gets influenced by my Fanucci Gambit of 100 so that it has an effective value of 6.4% (2% multiplied by 3.2% from the gambit). What that means is that tomorrow morning my 4.4 million Zorkmids will be 4.68 million, that's a jump of 280,000 in one night. There is a slight variation in how the system pays out interest and eventually you will get dinged by a "Rich Tax", but considering 30 rounds at my maximum bet yields me just over 100,000 Zorkmids, I don't complain too much.

Using a simple Time Value of Money calculator like the one here. I can easily figure how the money can grow.

Present Value (PV)= What you currently have in Zorkmids. Example is 4.4M Zorkmids.
Future Value (FV)= What your goal amount is. In my case it is 10M Zorkmids.
Annual Interest Rate = 6.4% (2% * 3.2%)
Periods Per Year= Set this to 1
Number of Years (N)= Leave blank so calculator will solve for this.

*Since you set the periods per year to 1 you effectively converted the year to days, so what ever number appears in the field (N) will be in days also.

Doing this I see how quickly that interest compounds and that by doing nothing I can reach the 10M mark in just 13 days. That is pretty easy money. Anyone battling on behalf of the clan can pretty quickly get to a point where they make more than they can spend on themselves. This provides a great way of feeding the lower ranks. If you are farming Zorkmids the Accountant is a great choice.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:07 am

There is another thread in these forums that discuss the sidekicks and and which ones would be good for what ever type of player you are, I believe most of our mods have the accountant and are making use of the interest to stock our Amory with it.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 12:19 am

I assumed most of the advanced players were taking that route. I should have dug around this forum a little more before posting this I guess.

@Ginzaki: Please review and delete if too redundant.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 6:40 am

There's discussion on the various sidekicks, including the Accountant here:
https://thebgl.darkbb.com/faq-f1/sidekicks-which-one-s-for-you-t54.htm

The calculator works great except it does not take into account the "Rich Tax" that applies to the accountant once you've accumulated a certain amount of money. You basically start losing 0.1% of your daily rate each day. Also, I think I've read somewhere that there is a cap on the total amount of interest that you can earn per day regardless of what your calculated "rate" should be.

Even with those nerfs, the Accountant is still the best choice if Zorkmids are what you are after.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:05 am

ShockTart wrote:
Also, I think I've read somewhere that there is a cap on the total amount of interest that you can earn per day regardless of what your calculated "rate" should be.

I should hit level 46 on Wednesday and get that nice bump up to a 3% base interest on the accountant. I did read that the amount of daily zorkmids I could then get is capped, I think around 673,000 a day. That's not too shabby, and considering I can get a 10% clan discount on weapons/armor, a 4% discount from the Mind skill set, another 7% off by then from the Accountant, and 5% more off from the Beauty face card... well, we're looking at a 26% discount on weapons/armor and 16% discount on spells.

Right now, the most expensive bunny weapon only costs 2,625,000 (instead of 3.5m) and that will drop a touch on Wed. Which means that just on interest alone, I could buy the top bunny item every 4 days (or 2 Bloodworm Grip's every 3 days). If we get 10 members into this range, we could see some serious upgrades in our armory.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:49 am

Did you gear up before you started your sprint to level 46 or did you just go for it?
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 8:58 am

Galifre wrote:
Did you gear up before you started your sprint to level 46 or did you just go for it?

I geared up, but I waited until I had 20+ million in zorkmids so that I wouldn't dip below 10 million so as to keep getting near maximum interest payback. Once I geared up, I was pretty much able to battle at Level 50 the rest of the way up (with detours into sub-locations for the chance to hit XP rich bosses).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick   Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting Rich with the Accountant Sidekick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Pub-
Jump to: