BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Creatures per location & level

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

Creatures per location & level Empty
PostSubject: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:09 pm

I am looking at creatures per location and level. I trawled through the Jolt forum but couldn't find the answer.

Dark Forest goes from Level 1 to Level 9. Same creatures per level but get tougher at each level? Or do new creatures appear at later levels?

White Cliffs Beach goes from 6 -20? New creatures appear at later levels?

Given that some locations give a trophy for killing 10 of each creature, I am curious.

With an addendum:
If you are adventuring at under your normal level to pick up cards and not gain XP's does that count towards the trophy or you need to be killing at your level or better?

Last edited by YukiOtoko on Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 10:15 pm

Same creatures at any level....just higher level creatures as you progress. At least that's been my experience so far.

I've collected the following to this point:
[The Dark Forest] Pest Control
[Flathead Mountains] Pest Control
[Flathead Fjord] Pest Control
[White Cliffs Beach] Pest Control
[Aragain Falls] Pest Control
[Fields of Frotzen] Pest Control
and I'm working on [Fenshire] Pest Control now (should have that one soon).
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 18, 2010 11:18 pm

I am working on getting a trophy for each area in a base that I can reach at my current level on all three of my characters. Yes you can explore for fanucci and still get the trophy, In theory you should only have to spend 100 ap in each area to get a trophy... But its not always the case as the monsters appear at random which i am finding out the hard way. I guess It really depends on how many monsters are in an area.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:37 pm

I'd have to say that is not my experience so far. I am well over 200AP into White Cliffs Beach and no trophy in sight for all three characters. Another glitch, maybe?

Last edited by YukiOtoko on Tue Jul 20, 2010 7:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 19, 2010 11:46 pm

maybe because I just got the trophy on sweetpurchase for doing the baron and his boy quest, and I have had that quest done for over a month now. as for my current locations well over 200 ap in each, and still no trophies and I know i have gotten ten of every kind by now, I kept track.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 6:17 am

Which I guess neatly brings me back to what creatures (and how manyt) at what location. Zorkpedia has a horrible spoiler sheet that is hard to read and that is about all I can find.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 8:32 am

I'm thinking at the lower level areas there are only about 10 different creatures. I've got a lower level character that's farming for DF cards, so I'll try and be a little more observant.

Keep in mind, killing 10 of each creature and there being only 10 different creatures doesn't mean that you'll be able to complete the task in 100AP. It's just like finding the DF cards, sometimes you find one of each pretty quickly, but usually you will get 5 or 6 of one (like Lamps) before you ever see one of a different one (like Inkblots).

For a good example, try rolling a pair of die to see how long it takes to get 10 of any one particular number.....takes a while Smile

Right off hand, I'd say you could get really lucky and find 10 of each creatures and it would take somewhere between 150 to 400 AP to do so depending on your luck.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 9:10 am

So far I have found these creatures in the three location i am exploring for trophies right now.

FRV-12 monsters:
Troll
Reaper Squirl
Hopper Claw Monkey
Cyclops
Kobold
Rabbid Yipple
Deranged Brogmoid
Frobgoblin
"FIght"-get these in every area
QuelBees
Glutton
Apeman
Ogre
T/P/M- get these in every area

White Cliff Beach-11:
Skeloton
Mutant Slug
Troll
Deranged Brogmoid
Cyclops
Surmin
Pterodactle
Kobold
Ogre
Bedbug
Rat ant

Feather Head Mountain-14:
Jacknape
cyclops
troll
skeloton
ogre
Mutant spider
roc
Horror
geranged brogmoid
hellound
mutant bat
snowman
apeman
kobold

am working on dark forest with two new characters.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:22 am

So far in The White Cliffs (not the beach), I've only seen 5 creatures in 60 turns:
Troll
Frobgoblin
Kobold
Cyclops
Ogre
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:25 am

I don't think there are too many monsters in the dark forest or the white cliffs as they are for the players that are 5 and below, Fenshire probably has over 20 monsters in it.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:29 am

I won't know about Fenshire for a few more days at least. Shocktart is trying to get as many Zms as possible, so all of his time is spent in the Arena and collecting Interest right now. Once he gets his gear and takes revenge upon a few select characters in game, then he will go back to exploring again Smile
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 11:55 am

Ok, I took my alt LollyPopp to Ruins of Pheebor. After 60AP, I found the following:

Lucksucker 4
Demon 5
Mutant Bat 4
Surmin 6
Rebel Nymphs 5
Skeleton 6
Dust Bunny 3
Mutant Spider 5
Eldritch Vapor 2
Monkey Grinder 2
Cruel Puppet 1 Saw first one on 21st AP
Frobgoblin 5
Horror 1 Saw first one on 46th AP

All of the remaining AP was either Fight! (1) or T/M/P (10 of those!) I have the Free Return to Base charm, so those don't count against me.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:01 pm

It seems that some monsters are in several different locations, not just same continents as I was think for the trolls, kobolds, ogres, and cyclops'.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:24 pm

Yep, you see a lot of the same monsters......just BIGGER ones, lol!
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 20, 2010 5:30 pm

this is true, the firs ones in dark forest are all miniatures, but the ones in frigid river valley are all like enormous or very ravenous or some such.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:22 am

Fenshire

lucksucker
eldritch vapor
dornbeast
kobold
mutant toad
horror
frobgoblin
hellhound
troll
mutant bedbug
surmin
ratant
mutant slug
ghoul
skeloton
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:25 am

anthrea caves

Ogre
Deranged Brogmoid
Jackanape
Kobold
Dust Bunny
Frobgoblin
Troll
Mutant Bedbug
Ratant
Surmin
Devil Doll
Ghoul
Mutant Spider
Horror
Skeleton
Mutant Bat
Apeman
Pterodactyl
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:28 am

Aragian Falls
Glutton
Kobold
Ghoul
Quelbees
Horror
Dornbeast
Apeman
Ratant
Ogre
Troll
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:30 am

Flat Head Ford

Roc
Mucusoid
Hellhound
Ogre
Apeman
Mutant Slug
Cyclops
Rebel Nymphs
Edlritch Vapor
Dornbeast
Lucksucker
Mutant Bat
Pterodactyl
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 04, 2010 9:49 am

Granola Mines

Ogre
Surmin
Renegade Bood Patrol
Rat Ant
Kobold
Mutant Spider
Dust Bunny
Troll
Rebel Mymphs
Skeleton
Ghoul
Frobgoblin
Bat
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Peltoid Valley

Hangman
Kobold
Rebel Nymphs
Deranged Brogmoid
Renegade Boot Patrol

yes there is only those creatures there, I have the pest control trophy to prove it.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 29, 2010 4:15 pm

coastal road

Dryads
Hopping Claw Monkey
Skeleton
Rebel Nymphs
Jackanape
Hangeman
Hellhound
Glutton
Kobold
Cruel Puppet
Christmas Tree Monster
Ogre
Eldritch Vapor
Devil Doll
Ghoul
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Creatures per location & level   Creatures per location & level I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Creatures per location & level
Page 1 of 1