BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Guild & Guildmate Expectations

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

Guild & Guildmate Expectations Empty
PostSubject: Guild & Guildmate Expectations   Guild & Guildmate Expectations I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:39 pm

Fellow BGL'ers:

As we are one of the largest guilds on LoZ, I wanted to ask you three questions:
  1. What do you expect from your guild?
  2. What do you expect from your guild leadership?
  3. What do you expect from your guildmates?
I hope this helps not only me, but everyone else, clarify why we chose to join this guild.

Professor Maple (a.k.a. Profs. Oak, Elm, Birch, and Ivy)
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

PostSubject: Re: Guild & Guildmate Expectations   Guild & Guildmate Expectations I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 7:13 pm

I joined the BGL to help those new to the game. I came along about 3 weeks after the clans creation, but I think I've done a good job.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

PostSubject: Re: Guild & Guildmate Expectations   Guild & Guildmate Expectations I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 12:53 am

I joined the clan about a month after its creation. This character is actually a "supporting "character, but any way, I wasn't too sure about such a large clan but things seem to have gone for the better with a new way to really chat with other members of the clan.

I expect our leaders to be understanding of all our situations and be able to lead us in any direction the clan decides to go. I understand being in the top ten clans was a goal that we surpassed, but where are we headed now?
I expect our guild and guild mates to be a cohesive and helpful group and not just a group that gives out stuff to beginners. The guides are very helpful even for those of us who just want to explore, Yes, even the battle guide for the arena.
Back to top Go down
Kestrel

PostSubject: Expectations   Guild & Guildmate Expectations I_icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:26 pm

From the Clan I expect support and camaraderie - nothing specific, just general gaming together and enjoyment of that. The guides, FAQs, etc. are fantastic. General guidance of how to build and successfully adventure is the reason I joined the clan.

From the leadership, I expect a general philosophy and direction - the contributing members will probably have some good ideas how to acheive the objectives that the leaders set forth. Being in the top 10 is done. What's next? Here are my ideas for what they are worth:
Clan subgroups have been founded and expanded - how about some leadership amongst those subgroups?
A leader for the Arena Battlers could be assigned: that person would be responsible for coaching new recruits for battle, making sure they are aware of our Arena Guide FAQ, and maybe puting together a squad of battlers with certain objectives. Professor Oak/Maple/Birch would be my nominee to lead such a group.

Headhunting - there are probably a lot of decent players out there that could contribute nicely to the clan. Not stealing members from other clans per se; there are tons of unaffilliated players too, and of all levels. Again the Squadron idea with folks who can hunt at varying levels and invite, welcome, and mentor new folks if needed. I know there's a FAQ available, but from some of the Armory requests and messages I've gotten a lot of folks don't read through the message board to find it. The Headhunters may be able to send a link to each new recruit with the Forum and FAQ addresses. Might save us all some headaches.

Farmers / Warriors - I think most everyone contributes items, but a wish list could be maintained and sent to the Warriors, say weekly or monthly. Ginzaki sent me a couple items that I'm working on and donating. As we get more strong members, we'll need more organization to keep up with changing demand I'd think.

Group Adventurers - I'd love a consolidated way to find groups of seasoned adventurers with roughly my attributes. I'm just starting to make friend requests toward that objective. I'd like to see a pool or list of BGL'ers who I can add and adventure with. I mentioned on other posts that I'm frustrated with this aspect of the game since I'm leading random groups with bad results...

I'm not suggesting heirarchy exactly, just some more structure. It seems like we're all pointed generally the same way, but kind of meandering. I think with some specific duties being doled out we could stabilize our position at the top of the clans, choose a direction, and achieve pretty much whatever we want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild & Guildmate Expectations   Guild & Guildmate Expectations I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild & Guildmate Expectations
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: Arena-
Jump to: