BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Refresh" trick

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mars

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:05 am

When exploring, if you hit your browser's refresh button during a fight, it immediately takes another turn, without you having to wait for the fight to end and hit the "explore again" button again.

This drastically reduces the amount of time it takes to use your AP. Be advised that you won't be able to see how your health is doing, or if you've gotten any fanucci cards after each fight. I usually check every 10 or so fights to make sure my health isn't too low.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 10:26 am

That wont work for all of us, My health gets really low by about the fifth turn so this refresh trick is advised for those who have really good ar/dr and don't lose a health point every turn.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 08, 2010 11:16 pm

I discovered this accidentally yesterday...

This trick is especially helpful if you know your FWP is over 100%...

Be careful that you do not refresh when you encounter an Explore! page... If you refresh there, you automatically take your first exploration in that newly discovered area...

It could be hazardous to your health... It's happened to me...

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Mars

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2010 9:20 am

Yeah, that's why I though it would helpful for new players who are exploring at -5 levels to farm fanucci cards. I spent a few weeks gathering cards this way, and it would have saved me HOURS of boredom had I known about this.
Back to top Go down
Term400

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: It Helps   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 3:59 pm

This does help out. I went through 90 ap in about a maybe two minutes. This saved me an excruciating 20-30 minutes.
Back to top Go down
Der Bus
Serf
Serf

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 3:57 pm

When I am exploring mostly for Cards or just to spend my AP I will have multiple tabs up of LoZ and cycle through them. Usually 3 is enough that you can cycle through without and having to wait for the next to finish. This also allows you to see if a new explore area comes up
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 05, 2010 4:29 pm

I have noticed that you can have multiple windows open in loz, I should start doing that as I have 5 characters now with two going for cards only.
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 28, 2010 10:03 am

I have made a refinement on the refresh technique, as I have kept finding sublocations that I accidentally explore...

Needed: A Web browser that can open links in new background tabs...

In Firefox, you need to do two things:
  • In Tools, Options..., turn on the Open new windows in a new tab instead option in the Tabs category...
  • Ctrl-click these links instead of just clicking...
  1. Visit the Location Shortcuts page...
  2. Ctrl-click between the location you want to explore...
  3. If you are Fanucci card hunting, click the Hurting? link and level down five times...
  4. Ctrl-click the Explore link...
  5. Ctrl-click on the location again to make sure you are not going to explore a sublocation...
  6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 RAPIDLY ...
Every so often, go back to the Location Shortcuts tab, right-click on it, and select "Close Other Tabs"

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Professor Maple
Knight
Knight
Professor Maple

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 12, 2010 9:38 am

I've discovered an even quicker way to burn through AP while exploring!

Required: A Web browser that can handle tabbed browsing...

Recommended: A relatively high Final Win Percentage (FWP) in the area you want to explore...

In the first tab, load the specific [url=https://thebgl.darkbb.com/faq-f1/info-location-shortcuts-t84.htm]Legends of Zork location, ie. http://legendsofzork.com/game/move_to_location?name=56-the-dark-forest

In the second tab, set the level that you are exploring at with http://legendsofzork.com/game/level_down or http://legendsofzork.com/game/level_up

In the second tab, make your first exploration using http://legendsofzork.com/game/explore

Now, the fun part begins... Burn through massive amounts of AP by holding down the Ctrl key and pressing these keys in this sequence over and over again:
  • L (jump to the address/location field)
  • Enter (reload the current page)
  • Tab (to switch to the other page)
Slow down every so often on the "location" page to check on your HPs.

When you level, your encounter level remains where it was.

Give this a try and let me know how it works for you!

Prof. Maple
Back to top Go down
Jewelaine
Serf
Serf
Jewelaine

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 7:06 am

Thanks for the great tips. Reading that reminded me of the cut and paste method I'd learned earlier and used when I earned the Ironman trophy. Google Chrome has a 'paste and go' right click selection that makes working with the ranking pages so much easier when selecting opponents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Refresh" trick Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Refresh" trick   "Refresh" trick I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"Refresh" trick
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
BGL :: F.A.Q.-
Jump to: