BGL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BGL

Welcome to the forums of the BGL, where the Beginners Get Lucky.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The BGL Battlers

Go down 
+3
BGL Dave
Galifre
Ginzaki
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 26, 2010 8:34 am

I think it's pretty fair to say that this user group is for the best of the best in our fighting department so I think we should have a starting requirement of 500 wins and at least a 50-60% win rate is fair. I'm looking to pass off the title of moderator of this group to our most hardened arena fighter. Is that you?
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:09 pm

What is your goal for this group?
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 04, 2010 4:57 pm

Fight and win.
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:50 am

I think it'd be admirable to have a team of BGL Battlers that all have 100 Gambit and upper-tier items (per level) and are spread across a wide range of levels. If we coordinated it, we could probably find enough people controlling enough characters to cover every 4 level range between 6 and 50.

Veteran battlers could use excess zorkmids specifically to help equip the lower level battlers with the best gear. Battlers could be expected to 'patrol' certain level ranges so that, if needed, we'd have exceptionally strong characters to respond to any threat to our clan from any level character.

If this sounds good, we could start posting some desired/covered battle ranges below to coordiate our efforts.
Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:51 am

Hmm, well I put my hand up previously and heard nothing, so I assumed the idea had faded and deleted my post.

With 3 characters at level 12 combined with over 2,000wins and only 10 losses, I'm probably not hardened but certainly I'm not a marshmallow either. Cool
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 1:53 am

2000 to 10 is better than mine.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:50 am

I could do that with my main , but I don't want to stay at 32. I have plans to go all the way with Galifre. I have supporting players that are open to a role, but they are both at level 8 and card farming.

My goal is to use Galifre as a power earner for the clan. I see about a month before he has any serious earning ability. My accountant is at level 2 with a maxed gambit. That works out to 6.4% interest a day. The forums indicate that the interest isn't consistent though. I have 3 million zorkmids that I am fighting the urge to spend so I don't cannibalize my interest payments. After gearing up, the earnings would go to the clan.

A couple of characters acting as cash cows would be very good for the armory. I thought of the level net yesterday, good to see you are on the same page Dave
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 11:59 am

I would also recommend looking through the Swordsman rank request and maybe sending them a promo piece for the group. If we could make the group lean and mean with clear role definition we could control the arena ranks pretty easily. Not to mention the earning capacity to be used for strategic purchases.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:17 pm

Last thing, I promise, but I would love to see our clan get back into the 80% range again. It was a major point of pride for me and others. I think it could be again.

Is there away to make a portion of the forum available only to Battlers and Admins? Would make sensitive discussions more secure and less complicated to those beginners with little interest or inclination.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 12:24 pm

I'll set up a section for Battlers, and yes I'd like to see us in the 80s again. Our members are getting strong so I see no reason why it's not possible.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:27 pm

Is there any way for me to see the BGL Battler section? As second in command I like to keep my self updated on whats on in the clan.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/228036-royale
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:34 pm

Request to join the Battlers and you'll be able to get in when I make the section.
Back to top Go down
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 8:35 pm

Allright...
Back to top Go down
BGL Dave
Knight
Knight
BGL Dave

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:30 pm

Galifre wrote:
Last thing, I promise, but I would love to see our clan get back into the 80% range again. It was a major point of pride for me and others. I think it could be again.

The tricky thing with this is that with the size of our clan and our openness and willingness to help any beginner (which I really really like), we will always have easy targets in our clan. If someone with a lot of alts decides they want to specifically target any clan with a high battle %, they can single-handedly make an impact. We saw this a lot when we were battling the CoZ. We were still winning 75% of our total battles (compared to them winning 66% of their battles during the same period), but with the volume of our fights, our total % lowered faster than theirs because, well, they were only at 68% to begin with and we were much higher. Not surprisingly, they asked for an end to the skirmish when our total battle % was in the vicinity of our win % during the 'war'.

There is a part of me that would like to have a 'BGL Battlers' clan, similar to the GUE Tech or Haggis Heroes, where just our finest warriors would go. But I really want to continue forward with my original mission of setting up a clan dedicated to helping beginners and those that want to try to make their way through this game without the benefit the last generation of zorkers received from pre-fixed accountants.

On that note, the battle % doesn't mean as much to me because it is, to some degree, out of our control. However, our battle wins total is in our control, and I would like to see us move up to at least #5 on that chart later this year.

Back to top Go down
YukiOtoko
Serf
Serf
YukiOtoko

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:40 pm

I don't mind having 2 of my characters sit in the lower ranks or creating another one as a minder for others at a lower level.
Them that decides just needs to tell me what is needed.
Back to top Go down
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 05, 2010 9:49 pm

I know what you mean Dave. When I look at how well my character has done I forget that I'm a leader of a "helping helpers helping the helpless" clan and have visions of glory. Though it does seem that I have found that glory in my position. One of the biggest helps there was getting a friend request from Templen. He may not be big news now, but when I joined he was the most famous Zorker in the GUE. That made him a hero for me, so I keep fighting and helping...and working on a specific one man clan.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 9:22 pm

Any idea how many inactive players we have? Maybe matriculating out inactive or non participating characters would help? That sounds coarse, but those character types are notoriously heavy to carry around. It would definitely make the Battlers efforts more efficient. This conversation might be better had in private or not at all....just tell me to drop it.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 6:59 pm

The Battlers might be a good promotion group for people mentored by Swordsmen after they have gained proficiency and shown a knack for the arena. Maybe set an entry level of 10-15 with a fame requirement also. Could become a nice honor.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:24 pm

Galifre wrote:
Any idea how many inactive players we have? Maybe matriculating out inactive or non participating characters would help? That sounds coarse, but those character types are notoriously heavy to carry around. It would definitely make the Battlers efforts more efficient. This conversation might be better had in private or not at all....just tell me to drop it.
Without something like a "last played" or "last logged in" column in the members area, this is next to impossible. We could have someone in the clan that goes for months without gaining any fame or XP, but they could be logging in each day and farming for DF cards.

That being said, I have managed to get a "dump" of all current clanspeople with the character name, join date, rank, level, fame, and XP as of today. Not sure exactly what I'll use it for, but it sure will make finding statistical info helpful moving forward. For example, did you know that we had a total of 85 characters that are level 30 or higher, and our highest level clansperson is a level 50? Surprised

ShockTart
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
Ginzaki
Admin
Admin
Ginzaki

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:31 pm

Nice info to have, and yes Galifre we would do a sweeping reform of inactive members if possible, but it is hard to tell right now. Though I would also need a form letter telling everyone removed of the condition and that they are always welcome when they continue playing.

It's not my biggest concern right now. My biggest concern is the armory and equipping myself to the point in which I'm not being attacked.

In all honesty it probably wasn't wise to use the fame farm considering I had sidekick aspirations.
Back to top Go down
Galifre
Serf
Serf
Galifre

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:39 pm

I didn't use the farm, but immediately after getting the trophy for 100k fame I started getting dinged. I leveled to 30 for my sidekick and it was quite a feat to get them off my back. I used most of my coconuts to earn money for gear. I have stemmed the flow, but now am having to build my nest egg back up. I still have a few purchases to go. If you need help with anything, Ginzaki....let us know. I imagine you are carrying quite a load.
Back to top Go down
ShockTart
Knight
Knight
ShockTart

Location : The big tent east of the white house next to the pile of 69105 leaves

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:49 pm

Galifre wrote:
If you need help with anything, Ginzaki....let us know. I imagine you are carrying quite a load.
Ditto from this end as well.
Back to top Go down
http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/285754-shocktart
'RoYALe
Co-Administrator
Co-Administrator
'RoYALe

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:59 pm

And of course I'll lend a helping hand also.
Back to top Go down
Sweetpurchase
Knight
Knight
Sweetpurchase

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 12:26 am

I will do what I can but as both my characters are lower levels and life is a bit hectic right now things are a little slow on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The BGL Battlers Empty
PostSubject: Re: The BGL Battlers   The BGL Battlers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The BGL Battlers
Page 1 of 1